ABOUT CHILDREN’S COUNCIL
For more than 45 years, Children’s Council has been the heart of childcare and early education in San Francisco, advancing the belief that high-quality childcare can transform lives and communities. Our more than 120 team members help families navigate their childcare and preschool options and secure financial assistance to pay for it. We provide home-based childcare businesses with the training and resources to succeed. Through a wide range of free programs and workshops, we support parents and caregivers as they build child development skills. As the city’s second-largest nonprofit contractor, with an annual budget of over $100 million, we are a major stakeholder in the childcare system. We educate the public and advocate for increased investment in early education at the local and state level. If you are a childcare champion, we want you on our team.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Data Strategy and Quality, the Data Manger supports agency services by managing our internal agency databases and be a subject matter to our external data services. They will provide data and reporting support to our staff submitted through our helpdesk system. Lastly, the data manager will be responsible for the operations and administration of our CRM.
- Self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with other people in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be detail oriented and have well-developed analytical skills.
- Continues to learn through training and the research of new and existing technologies.
- General database management and administration. The Data Manager is the central source of database knowledge in the organization. As such the Data Manager is responsible for administration of all in house databases, ensuring their data integrity and security. They will perform backups and recovery as scheduled. They will understand the external data services we work with and be familiar with how they operate.
- Data modeling and database design/creation. The Data Manager should be familiar with basic physical database design from a logical data model and application specifications. If the data resource management has not been created, the Data Manager will advise and implement a data collection methodology or an on-prem or cloud databases as necessary.
- Technical Documentation. Create and maintain detailed documentation on our database environment for both internal and external databases
- Support and training. Serve as a support agent assisting in resolving any data support tickets that come in through our helpdesk system and ensuring adherence to our Service Level Agreements. Provide the necessary training to our staff to use data and manipulate data effectively
- Work closely with the Senior Manager to develop reporting solutions and improve and optimize existing solutions.
- Strategy and Planning. Provide recommendations and strategies to the CTO and Senior Manager on how to improve performance and scalability of on premise and cloud database. They will collaborate and thought partner with IT team members and other departments on IT related projects and initiatives.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL server
- Fluency in at least one SQL variant
- Fluency in one or more programming or scripting language (C#, Java, .NET, Python)
- Understanding of the full development life cycle, development methodologies, and version control
- Excellent communication and organization skills and ability to work on several projects concurrently.
- Experience with database modeling and design
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM
- Experience with Azure or other IaaS
- Experience with data visualization best practices and suites (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview)
- Familiarity with data warehousing, ETL/ELT, and data pipelines
- Must be able to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to move throughout the office, access files, meet with vendors or staff.
- Requires the mental acuity to perform the essential functions as outlined in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
Children's Council of SF is committed to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social and experiential diversity. Candidates who want to join us on this journey and who can uniquely contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Children's Council of SF will operate in a hybrid model. Applicants should be comfortable with both the remote and in office scenarios.
Benefits, and Employee Perks:
We offer great benefits! Medical, dental, vision, Long-term disability, Life & Pet Insurance / Employer 401K Matching program/ Tuition Reimbursement / FSA, HSA & Transit Commuter Benefits / Generous PTO accrual - starting with over 4 weeks annually / 12 paid holidays + FH for Birthday / Lunch-n-Learn Training Program.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted. Our positions remain opened until filled.
Equal Opportunity & Equity Statement
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We comply with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Our practices are in alignment with our commitment to workplace equity, diversity, and inclusion. We foster a work environment where our current and future staff feel welcomed without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, or sexual orientation.