AMIS Atlanta (Atlanta Ministry with International Students) is seeking a part-time Program Coordinator (30 hrs/week) to support our well-established non-profit organization. AMIS is a Christian-based organization whose mission is to promote cultural and global understanding through friendship and hospitality with international students in the greater Atlanta area. Since 1978, AMIS has been welcoming international students to Atlanta and connecting them with local friends in the community. Learn more about us at www.amis-inc.org.
The AMIS Program Coordinator will have responsibility for AMIS programs and events for international students as well as managing volunteers.
Main program areas include:
- The AMIGO International Friendship program matches international students and scholars studying at Atlanta colleges and universities with Atlanta-area volunteers interested in friendship and cultural exchange. It is an ongoing, year-round program.
- The AMIS Welcome Reception is an annual event that welcomes international students and scholars in greater Atlanta’s colleges and universities.
- Events throughout metro Atlanta introduce international students to the city and American cultural traditions such as sporting events and Atlanta-area attractions.
- Monthly social gatherings to offer opportunities for international students to connect with others, socialize, and make international and American friends.
- Holiday programs around Thanksgiving, Christmas and others to share American holiday traditions and support international students during academic breaks.
Job responsibilities include:
AMIS Program Leadership
- Provides managment, coordination, and staff support for AMIS programs and events. Works with and reports to the Executive Director. Includes the above programs and additional campus outreach events. Includes event planning, managing details like registration, set-up, and follow-up, as well as keeping records, reporting, and program evaluations.
- Work with Programs, Volunteer, and Welcome Reception committees to plan programs and events.
- Administer Amigo Friendship program using Salesforce CRM to match international students with American volunteers and facilitate communication between them.
- Maintain registration forms through FormAssembly, schedule background checks, screen, and orient new volunteers to the Amigo program.
- Manage volunteers and follow-up on Amigo program matches.
- Collect data and information about participants for grant applications and annual reports.
Communications and Marketing
- Create marketing and promotional materials for programs and events using Canva and/or working with a graphic designer.
- Send weekly electronic newsletters to AMIS volunteers/supporters and AMIS students.
- Email monthly communications to International Student Advisors and Educators.
- Maintain relationships with AMIS community partners and sponsoring organizations.
- Maintain AMIS website and social media accounts and/or work with social media coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in event planning and volunteer organizations preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). Familiarity with Google Suite, Salesforce, MailChimp, FormAssembly, website builders, and social media applications helpful.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required as well as efficient organizational and time-management abilities.
- Self-starter, willingness to learn, with the potential to grow and desire to increase responsibilities.
- Occasional weekends and evening time required for events and meetings.
- Willingness to fundraise helpful.
- Interest in international peoples and cultures. A candidate with cross-cultural experiences and awareness will be preferred. Familiarity with churches, experience engaging volunteers and service organizations will be beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with people and technology, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a culturally-diverse, international, and ever-changing environment.
Inquiries and resumes can be emailed to: Rev. Irene Wong, Executive Director at irene@amis-inc(dot)org.