Nexus Marketing is the only online marketing agency that works specifically with mission-driven businesses that offer tools and services that power social good to create a better world.
We work with companies to create unique, engaging content and turn their websites into revenue-generating assets. Our core services include content creation, search engine optimization, and lead generation.
Our team is made of passionate storytellers, savvy marketers, and analytics nerds. We’re always looking for innovative ways to improve our clients’ success and talented individuals to join our team.
Nexus Marketing, founded in 2014, is a content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) agency dedicated to helping mission-driven businesses market their products, software and services to nonprofit organizations, schools, faith-based organizations, associations, and universities.
Our team is full of smart, hard-working, and kind individuals who find the intersection of nonprofits and digital marketing exciting!
On the weekends, you’ll find us hiking in the mountains, playing dungeons and dragons with a group of friends, or getting immersed in a new book. As a growing agency, every team member plays a huge role in our continued success and our clients' happiness.
Want to meet a few team members?
About the role
We're looking for an Atlanta-based writer to join our team as a full-time Copywriter. This individual will be responsible for researching and writing educational content on various topics related to social good.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and a desire to learn more about online marketing and SEO.
Writing is a fundamental part of this position. If the idea of writing for 40-45 hours a week doesn’t excite you, this role will not be a good fit.
Tips on applying for the writing position:
- Resumes should be submitted in Word or PDF format.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Links to writing samples should be included in the cover letter.
This position is an excellent way for recent college graduates to start their online marketing careers. Nexus Marketing provides team members with additional training opportunities and the potential to grow within the company.
Nexus Marketing is located in the heart of Atlanta on the Beltline between Krog Street Market and Ponce City Market with all of our team members located in the metro area. We have a hybrid work structure with team members working in-office some days and remotely other days.
What excites us (Qualifications):
- A love of writing (95% of the job will be writing, so this is a must).
- 1-2 years of writing experience (blogging, participation in student newspaper/literary magazine, writing internships, etc.).
- Frighteningly good attention to detail. Bachelors degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or a related field.
- Strong academic performance: overall 3.8 GPA minimum.
What excites you (Responsibilities):
- Researching a variety of topics with limited oversight.
- Conceptualizing, writing, and editing marketing and educational content including blog articles, web pages, and downloadable resources.
- Managing and prioritizing work for multiple projects to meet defined deadlines.
- Working and communicating well within a team.
- Support a culture and environment where high performers feel challenged, are empowered, and want to work.
- Indecision is the only wrong decision. If you've got a reasonable shot at making the right call, take action.
- Demonstrate best-in-class responsiveness with quick, proactive, and thoughtful responses to clients, partners, prospects, and team members.
- Give back to your community and the causes you care about.
- Stay open to new ideas & advocate for them, but commit 100% once a decision is made.
- Treat clients, partners, prospects, and team members fairly & exceed their expectations.
- The status quo is unacceptable. Strive to learn and grow professionally while pursuing the best ways to drive impact at the company.
Financial compensation includes multiple components:
- Base salary: $55,000.00 per year
- One-time additional $1,000 payment on your 1st paycheck, dependent upon a start date. If you don’t stay with the company for 1 full year, you’ll need to repay this in full.
- Eligible for an annual bonus based on client and/or company performance. Your bonus range is $0 – $16,000 per 12-month year with a target of $8,000. If you join in the middle of the company's performance period, this is prorated in your first year. Company bonuses have two-year pay-out periods. For individuals starting in June, 2022, 25% of the Bonus earned will be paid out in the 2nd pay period of August, 2023 and 75% of the Bonus earned will be paid out in the 2nd pay period of August, 2024.
- Optional Life leave cash-out value of $2,475 per year if you choose to cash it out rather than using it.
- Monthly stipend of $100 for health insurance if you choose not to enroll in the company’s healthcare plan.
Expected Year 1 Compensation totals above $60,000 with it increasing in future years.
We believe in working hard and striving for your best throughout the year but also that individuals should have an abundance of flexibility to take time off to see family, friends, or pursue their passions. All team members have:
- 20 vacation days per year
- 5 sick days per year
- 7 company holidays per year
- 15 life leave days per year. These days may be used during the year, rolled over into next year, or redeemed for their cash value 1x per year.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Long-term Disability Insurance)
- 401k with a 4% company match
- Matching gift program
- Volunteer grant program
- Fundraising sponsorship for run / walk / rides
- Board service grants
- Team volunteer grants