Would you like to join our award-winning culture and establish a meaningful career in the nonprofit world?
Tommy Nobis Center offers you an opportunity to work for an organization that has been recognized as one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation as well as being recognized by the Atlanta Journal Constitution as a Top Workplace in Atlanta!
The Manager, Educational Services will oversee the development and expansion Tommy Nobis Center’s educational programs including the Early Youth Employment Services (EYES) program. This is a leadership role that manages the Educational Program and Instructors team. This role is also responsible for coordinating services with participant schools, referral sources, parent advisory groups and students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily operation of the EYES program delivered both in school environments, virtually, and on-site during the summer programming.
- Responsible for delivery of services for students in the EYES program, from time of referral to exit.
- Stewards’ excellent customer service and positive, productive relationships with community partners, i.e., clients, parents, GVRA, educational partners, local businesses, etc.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and scheduling of the EYES program staff to ensure services are provided at the highest level of quality.
- Ensures participant cases notes are prepared timely by the EYES Instructors.
- Develops, completes, and submits monthly status reports for program participants.
- Completes specific accurate monthly billing. Coordinates with the EYES Instructors and Accounting to ensure proper and timely billing for all services delivered.
- Develops pre-vocational skills curriculum (career exploration, job readiness, interview skills, etc.) to meet the needs of the participants, schools, and program requirements.
- Assists EYES instructors in delivering pre-vocational skills curriculum to high school and middle school students as needed
- Responsible for day-to-day management of staff including timecard entries, approves employee payroll and mileage, and annual performance evaluations.
- Utilize Vertex to report and record documentation of services delivered for billing.
- Responsible for acquiring service authorization and maintain adequate reporting records for each individual receiving authorized services.
- Develop and manage strategic plans for future programmatic growth of educational programs
- Maintain accurate records for data metrics and demographic tracking
- Educates the community regarding the EYES program.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, special education, rehabilitation, sociology, behavioral sciences or business administration or related field.
- 3 years in a management role preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in a teaching role preferred.
- Experience teaching or working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
Other Qualifications or Requirements:
- Mission driven, guided by core values and a pleasure to work with.
- High customer service orientation.
- Results oriented with ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Must be highly organized, accurate in completing work assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with assigned duties.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Windows environment in Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of other office equipment such as copiers, scanners, fax machine, etc.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Prior Experience Desirable:
- Experience working with transition students
- Delivery of job readiness skills training
- Developing programmatic marketing materials
Tommy Nobis Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drugs Don’t Work worksite and a participant in e-Verify.