GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for planning and implementing a major gift strategy as part of the overall fundraising efforts of the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation. This includes organizing and managing a major gifts portfolio centered on the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospects at the $15,000+ level. This position will also be responsible for soliciting six and seven figure gifts and for establishing strategies to educate donors about giving opportunities (including planned gifts) and to increase the number of these commitments. This role works directly with the Foundation Executive Director to execute goals and expectations of this position.
- Design and implement a donor-centered plan for increasing major unrestricted and restricted gifts.
- Develop detailed strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan of action with objectives, timelines, and evaluation plans for expanding the Foundation’s major gift programs.
- Develop appropriate solicitation and briefing materials, including personalized solicitation letters and tailored proposals.
- Participate in face-to-face solicitations, moving to closure in a timely fashion.
- Maintain direct stewardship contact.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, volunteers, and Foundation staff to develop and deploy a strategic approach to increasing revenue from planned giving.
- Maintain timely and appropriate records in the donor database. Work with the Foundation team to ensure effective gift processing, research, record updates, stewardship and gift acknowledgements, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness throughout the process.
- Work collaboratively with volunteer leadership throughout the Foundation and Sorority.
- Attend evening and weekend events and activities, as required.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and reflect a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience and performance in major gift fundraising, development, stewardship or related experience.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of a major gift strategy.
- Track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts of $15,000+.
- Energetic professional with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and the ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing technologies.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and demanding timelines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team-based environment.
- Willing to travel out-of-town, including overnight trips.
- Experience providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to exercise judgment, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Proven problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Membership in a sorority or fraternity is a plus.
- This position requires extensive travel and access to a major airport is essential.
- Experience with iMIS.
- Professional experience in non-profit, development, or alumnae/alumni relations.
- Previous Alpha Delta Pi, campus, and/or volunteer-support organization experience.
ABOUT US AND HOW TO APPLY
The Alpha Delta Pi Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports the leadership, educational and philanthropic purposes of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority. Visit https://alphadeltapi.org/foundation/.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION: Moderate
FROM: Foundation Executive Director
EMPLOYMENT LOCATION: This position is remote work and requires extensive travel. Salary commensurate with experience. Alpha Delta Pi Executive Office in Atlanta, GA is a smoke-free property.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to hr@alphadeltapi(dot)com.