SOMOS Mayfair seeks a driven, organized, and strategic individual to help lead our grant writing, reporting, and management efforts. Additionally, the Resource Development Manager will assist with developing funder relationships, including foundation, government and individual. This position will also support with events and funder communication as we celebrate our milestone 25th Anniversary in 2022. This position is an excellent opportunity to develop new and innovative processes to demonstrate our programmatic impact. This position will be working closely with SOMOS’ Director of Resource Development, Director of Programs and Program Management Team. It is critical for this position to build meaningful relationships with funders, across departments and to troubleshoot issues collaboratively.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications and Qualities
- Deep passion and commitment to advancing racial, economic and social justice in immigrant, working class and multi-generational communities
- 2-4 years minimum experience working in all areas of Resource Development
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based program skills
- Experience in managing databases
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bilingual/biliterate Spanish-English required
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject matter
- Results driven with strong problem solving and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Excited and committed to working in a nonprofit, grassroots, place-based organization
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Consistent, high-quality analysis and judgement
- Creative, out of the box thinker
- Effectively works with others
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required
- Fingerprint and background check may be required
Duties and Responsibilities
Grant Writing, Reporting & Management (50%)
- Manages grants and report timelines through a monitoring system that facilitates efficient coordination and tracking
- Writes compelling reports for funders
- In partnership with Director of Resource Development, develops compelling letters of intent and proposals, which includes planning, writing, reviewing, editing, and finalizing proposal packages
- Stays abreast of trends within the foundation, corporate, and government sectors to provide support, advice, and guidance regarding funding opportunities
Data Collection (23%)
- Ensures appropriate data is being collected, measured, and communicated for accuracy of establishing baselines and gathering data for reporting program results
- Provides on-going, high impact training and technical assistance to program team.
- Determines and implements procedures to increase and maintain data integrity
- Simplifies complex data into meaningful summaries and translates key information into concise, simple and easily understandable charts
- Helps lead integration of data and collection onto SalesForce
Special Events & Funder Communication (25%)
- Provides support as needed to SOMOS’ leadership team and Director of Resource Development on development-related activities including donor visits, meetings and events
- Support SOMOS’ 25th Anniversary, and any events leading up to this milestone
- Support with SOMOS’ Building Our Home Capital Campaign, as assigned
- Participate in agency wide decision-making arenas and in regular internal political education as needed;
- Participate in SOMOS Mayfair staff meetings and training and support major organizational campaigns and projects
Location & Response to COVID-19
The Resource Development Manager position normally operates out of SOMOS office located in the Mayfair neighborhood of East San Jose. Due to circumstances caused by the novel coronavirus, the team at SOMOS is currently working onsite and remotely. Recognizing that this is a highly unusual and rapidly evolving situation, questions or concerns around location and work logistics will be openly addressed during the hiring process. Candidates should, however, expect to work on site full-time at SOMOS office whenever it has been deemed safe to return to work by local/state governments.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume,
via email with job title on the subject line, or at our HQ location: 370-B S King Road, San Jose, CA.
SOMOS Mayfair is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, actual or perceived gender identity and gender expression, disability, genetic information, familial status or veteran status.
For more info contact us at (408) 460-2751 or learn about us visit our website.