The Manager of Grants and Sponsorships will work with the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) to grow the roster of corporate and foundation funders while also ensuring the integrity and professional management of grants, sponsorships and funding partner integration. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent written communications and concise, convincing messaging that thoughtfully articulates the funding need, mission fulfillment, and strategic funding partner alignment. The Grants Manager will oversee multiple facets of the grant and sponsorship process, including developing and managing The Museum’s proposal and grant reporting schedule; renewing existing grants and sponsorships; researching and identifying new and viable corporate and foundation prospects; ensuring fulfillment and compliance requirements; and meeting all required submission and report deadlines. This position will work collaboratively with colleagues to stay informed of developments in education, including the short-term and long-term impacts of COVID; environmental sustainability and climate health; and DEAI initiatives as they relate to Fernbank’s educational mission and funding needs.
• Manages a robust proposal and reporting schedule to ensure all required deadlines are met.
• Participates in raising $800,000+ in annual revenues, generated through grants and sponsorships given for general operations, programs, and/or special projects.
• Supports the CAO and CEO with capital campaign and special project fundraising, including but not limited to crafting proposals and communication materials for new strategic initiatives.
• Manages an on-call grant writer who supports multiple aspects of the program including grant writing, reporting and fulfillment, and drafting strategic communications.
• Writes authentic, engaging, donor-centric proposals that strategically align Fernbank’s programs and projects with the goals of the funder.
• Collects program data, outcomes, and success stories that can be shared with funders and other stakeholders as appropriate.
• Oversees successful funding partner integration, ensuring the fulfillment of stated benefits and recognition plans as outlined in sponsor agreements.
• Creates engaging reports that highlight program outcomes and successes as part of ongoing donor stewardship and grant reporting.
• Communicates regularly with Museum team members and others as needed to ensure a transparent process throughout the life cycle of the grant or sponsorship, from submission to close.
• 3-5 years of non-profit experience.
• Experience in corporate and foundation relations.
• A proven track record administering grants/sponsorships from start to finish; including grant writing and online grant application submissions, proposal development, grant reporting and sponsor fulfilment.
• Experience with Altru, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Essential Skills and Attributes
• Excited to work within a complex institution, engaging multiple stakeholders across the Fernbank enterprise.
• A strong interest in science, natural history topics, education, and informal learning, and/or museums.
• Exceptional verbal communication, creative writing and interpersonal skills are key.
• Able to research statistics and collect data to effectively demonstrate need.
• Comfortable working as part of a team as well as a highly motivate and a self-starter.