This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the operations of the Rosalynn Carter Institute and is located in the primary offices of the RCI.
- Answering phone calls received in the main office, screening, and routing to the appropriate parties.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Coordinating appointments and meetings and managing staff calendars and schedules.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Reviewing, sorting, and prioritizing mail and, when necessary, email correspondence.
- Shipping supplies and program materials as needed and tracking all related inventories.
- Maintaining contact lists within office systems and updating these regularly.
- Producing and distributing correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Assisting in the preparation and distribution of regularly scheduled reports.
- Ensuring operation of equipment by tracking preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment inventories.
- Maintaining supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintaining polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Working directly with Senior Leadership Team to cultivate appropriate peer and funder relationships that result in future engagement and funding of RCI, maintaining a high level of professionalism, performance, and integrity in these relationships.
- Maintaining and sharing consistent documentation of interactions on behalf of RCI, as well as providing regular reports and updates on these to drive organizational strategy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of nonprofit practices and culture
- Exposure to, and familiarity with, the lived experience of caregivers
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Prior administrative experience.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with RCI’s senior leadership, donors, and staff;
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of university and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the management of files and records.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives;
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs;
- Unimpeachable ethical standards, confidentiality, and personal integrity;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; and
- Alignment with the mission of the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving.