The ideal candidate will be in charge of the efficiency of daily office operations at Curing Kids Cancer. The Office Administrator is responsible for office management, database entry, accounting, general operations, fundraising staff support, occasional event support and budget monitoring for the nonprofit. Cooperation working as a team with local and remote staff allows Curing Kids Cancer to fulfill our mission to find cures for childhood cancers and increase our impact in the community.
The Office Administrator will work closely with both the President and Development Director in this role. Establishing good communication and relationships with other staff (in Texas and Arizona) and donors across the country will be crucial. The Office Administrator will be the main administrative employee in the Atlanta office and will be responsible for completing multi-level tasks in a professional and timely manner.
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION, WORKING 21-24 HOURS PER WEEK; TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS AND THURSDAYS.
- Administrative tasks (ordering office supplies, office upkeep, communicating with landlord etc.)
- Prepare the Annual Budget each fall
- Assist Accountants/Auditors with the documentation needed for the annual audit AND related tasks: filing tax form 990, updating the W-9 annually, misc tax documents (secretary of state renewals)
- Reconcile credit card statements and balance bank statements monthly
- Cut Checks/make payments for invoices and handle Monthly bill payments
- Point of contact for employee giving/matching gift approvals (online portals like Benevity, YourCause, etc.)
- Compile the financial status of the nonprofit monthly for the Board of Directors and staff
- Human Resources tasks (employee payroll, taxes, insurance, etc.)
- Donor gift entry into Database (Little Green Light); produce and mail tax letters
- Data entry into Quickbooks (Quickbooks for Nonprofits edition)
- Responsible for making all deposits to the bank as necessary (in person and online)
- Schedule and coordinate Board of Directors meetings, including compiling agendas
- Collect and reimburse staff expense reports
- Supervise the maintenance of office areas, equipment, and facilities in Atlanta
- Interact with vendors, donors and building personnel as needed
- 2+ years of experience in non-profit office administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, communication and people skills, with attention to details
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Must be able to work independently and self-motivate when alone in the office
- Working knowledge of Stripe payment system, Gusto payroll system, Gmail, Quickbooks, Little Green Light or similar CRM database, and online banking a plus