About the Organization:
Our Mission is to prepare Latino students and families for success through academic and life enrichment programs.
Our Vision that Latino students and families achieve life-long self-sufficiency.
Our Core Values:
Kindness: “The ability to speak with love, listen with patience and act with compassion.
Excellence: "Every touch, every time, no exceptions."
Passion: "You can't fake passion."
Team Work: "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much"
Perseverance: “Grit, the raw endurance, hard work and passion that keeps you going despite obstacles.”
About the Role:
The part-time Development Associate is responsible to support the implementation, management and evaluation of fundraising efforts including database management, gift processing, special events, donor development and grant writing research in accordance with the standards set out by the organization. He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned. The position will be based in the organization’s administrative office in the Buckhead area of Atlanta and reports directly to the Development Director.
- Responsible for database integrity and management: data entry, event attendance, gift processing and acknowledgments, donor research and records
- Plan and execute annual calendar of data maintenance tasks including deceased finders, address scrub, and wealth screen
- Produce communication with constituents including but not limited to gift acknowledgments and gift statements
- Produce reports to track appeals, development goals, and return on investment by creating and pulling reports within RE and other systems
- Assist in prospect research and ensure information is added to constituent file(s) for existing and prospective donors and foundations
- Assist in the monthly reconciling of donor database and financial system
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events including Annual Gala, Volunteer Breakfast and board hosted events
- Research grant opportunities and prospect research
- Provide administrative support for the Development Department
- Bachelor’s degree
- Raiser's Edge experience
- Ability and passion for building relationships
- Ability and comfort level in soliciting and closing gifts
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Skill in exercising discretion and independent judgment with regard to management tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple demands
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds, including children, and people of diverse cultures
- Familiarity with the metro Atlanta philanthropic community and local funding sources desired
- Bilingual is preferred
Please apply for the position directly at this link: https://laamistadinc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=61