youthSpark, Inc. is seeking a skilled Case Manager for our Youth Services Center. The ideal candidate will have familiarity helping at-risk youth who have experienced a myriad of vulnerabilities. Experience working with the juvenile justice and child welfare systems is preferred. The Case Manager will work with the Youth Services Center’s Clinician and supervising staff. youthSpark supports survivor leadership and those with case management experience are encouraged to apply.
The roles and responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
1. Conducting initial intake interview on youth served by the Center in compliance with evidence-based practices and the organization’s mission.
2. Conducting weekly group sessions.
3. Developing and maintaining individual action plans for youth served by the Center.
4. Recording client data and case notes in online client evaluation systems.
5. Conducting crisis intervention and client advocacy after hours when appropriate and approved.
6. Participating in multidisciplinary team meetings for youth served by the Center.
7. Maintaining communication with juvenile court staff, community service partners, and referral
● Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a behavioral science (social work, psychology, sociology, or
● 3 years of work experience in social services, victim services, or youth development preferred
● Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with a flexible schedule
● Ability to interact with vulnerable youth/families and navigate child-serving systems
● Experience with crisis management, intervention, and resolution techniques
● Experience with trauma-informed care
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Conceptual & Analytical Thinking: Superior cognitive ability; ability to simplify complex situations; ability to make sound judgments; ability to research and analyze various types of solutions. Comfortable with creating new approaches.
- Work Ethic: Willing to invest the effort needed to achieve results. High energy. Willing to roll up shirt sleeves and contribute to a positive work environment.
Judgment/Decisiveness: Ability to exercise sound judgment and willingness to take appropriate action after reviewing the available facts and risks. Ability to anticipate outcomes and to act accordingly under the supervision of management.
- Critical Thinker: Effectively blends creative competence with practical action orientation.
Superior Communications Skills: Written, verbal and presentation. Understands importance of
frequent and effective communication with management. Concise and succinct.
- Character: Does the right thing even when not visible or readily apparent to others. Unselfish. Unquestioned integrity. Sense of humor.
Please email cover letter with desired salary specified and resume to apply@youth-spark(dot)org. No phone calls.