Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and AmeriCorps members and their families; our students and school partners; and the community at large from COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment and service – all staff members, including remote staff, and AmeriCorps members are required to be fully vaccinated by November 19, 2021 or by your start date if after November 19, 2021. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the organization pursuant to applicable law. Notwithstanding any language herein, City Year will comply with any state, local, or federal orders, statutes, or regulations that may conflict with the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single-dose vaccination (Johnson & Johnson).
Active City Year Corps or Staff members must login to Workday/cyresource to apply internally.
Click Apply to submit your online application. Please attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter on the "My Experience" page in the "Resume/CV" field.
Work Location: Hybrid On-Site/Remote
The Impact Operations Manager ensures that the City Year San José/Silicon Valley’s (CYSJ/SV) Impact day-to-day operations are functioning smoothly and efficiently. This person is a critical source of support and cohesion, enabling and empowering AmeriCorps Members and staff to function well.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Impact (MDI) and working closely with the P&O Department, the AmeriCorps Experience Manager, and the coordinator team, the Impact Operations Manager provides support to entire site with a specific focus on Impact. This role ensures large complex projects are scoped, sequenced, and handled with excellence. Though this role sits in Impact, it will support the entire site by working to create formal and informal spaces for staff community building, and manages a part-time Impact Operations Assistant.
This person is an, independent worker, project manager, organized systems builder, problem solver, relationship keeper, who can bring calm and order to chaos. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Budget Development and Expense Tracking
- Manage central expense tracker and giving updates to the MDI and Senior Leadership Team. This will require a high level of attention to detail and holding all CYSJ staff accountable to meeting expectations.
- Working closely with the MDI and P&O Manager, the IOM will ensure that budgets are developed to be both strategic and reflective of the Impact Department’s needs
- The IOM works closely with Impact Staff to ensure that invoices are sent to site finance points. The IOM provides strategic guidance to Impact Staff on how to best complete purchasing.
- The IOM manages the Impact Department’s Purchase Card and supports teams by making purchases and ensuring all HQ Purchase Card deadlines are met.
Impact Operations and Administration
- The IOM will support the Impact Department by managing the calendar of the MDI, taking notes at ProServe Collaboration, and other duties as assigned by the MDI
- The IOM will manage the Impact Department’s role in Site Calendaring
- The IOM manages the district invoicing relationship between HQ and district partners
- Support the site by ensuring the outlook calendar is up to date.
Office Space/ School Service Materials Maintenance
- The IOM will be held responsible for ensuring that conference rooms and the Impact Storage Unity are kept in an orderly fashion.
- Maintains an updated inventory of L&D and Impact Materials for L&D Coordinator.
- Maintains active inventory for STEAM at 11 STEAM campuses, and will design and launch a new system to streamline this project.
- Drivers company van for materials distribution
- The IOM will distribute uniforms to ensure that all ACMs are given their uniform in a timely manner, and maintain a supply of pieces of P&O and the ED office to use.
Beloved Community Assembly
- BCA is site wide multi-purpose space for community building, key updates, and reflection. The IOM is responsible for setting vision for BCA and strategically designing the experience for both corps and staff in collaboration with the L&D Director.
- The IOM recruits and coaches SCMs and ACMs in content developments for each BCA. This process involved identifying the needs of each department, what the state of the corps/site is, brainstorming ideas, identifying resources and facilitation day of.
- With formalizing Idealist Journey as part of BCA, the IOM will collaborate with the P&O Director and EEM to design and facilitate space for staff reflection and community building at BCA.
ACM Appreciation Month
- In collaboration with the ACME Manager, the IOM supports in designing the ACM Appreciation Month project plan and supports in implementation during March
- The IOM serves as the site point for ACM appreciation and ensures that CYSJ is meeting all HQ expectations.
- 2-3 years experience in an administrative position or similar office position.
- Results-oriented with exceptional attention to detail, high degree of initiative, and proven ability to handle competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization, and customer service skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to translate project goals into a plan and effectively organize resources to meet goals and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships with peers and external partners
- Comfort troubleshooting basic technology questions a plus (e.g. projector, internet connectivity, etc.).
- Driver’s license required
Full time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, City Year offers medical, dental and vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), other benefits including 401(k) plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 401(k) plan document. For more information, click here.
Employment at City Year is at-will.
City Year does not sponsor work authorization visas.