The Fiscal Intermediary Budget Coordinator will support multiple branches within the Population Health Division under the supervision of the Fiscal Intermediary Budgets and Contracts & Grants Manager. The position will bring a customer service approach to the efficient and effective execution of activities related to fiscal management, contracts and grants management affiliated with Heluna Health.
This is a temporary, grant-funded, full time, benefited position. Employment is provided by Heluna Health.
This position is two days a week in the office and 3 days working remotely
If hired for this position, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your start date, or have a valid religious or medical reason qualifying you for an exemption (that may or may not require accommodation).
Salary: Starting at $63,918 annually commensurate with experience
Pre and Post Grants Management
- Responsible for compliance related to the application and management of new and continuing grants and/or contracts from a variety of federal, state and private sources.
- Assists in development of and manages budgets and budget justifications for grant applications, including visit schedules for complex clinical trials.
- Ensures compliance with funding timelines and grant requirements for timely submission of all interim and annual progress reports, carry forward submissions, and no-cost extension requests.
- Oversees all expenditures are in compliance with federal funding terms.
- Liaison to administrative offices of collaborating agencies for development of subcontract arrangements and submission of contract deliverables.
- Manages a diverse portfolio of complicated government and private grants.
- Signatory authority over expenditures and budget changes for portfolio of funding; advises management/directors to ensure spending is in line with needs of program/research.
- Manage, track and approve purchasing and procurement of information technology (IT) equipment and software, laboratory and office supplies, furniture, and other purchases for research and other grants which are affiliated with Heluna Health.
- Manage the accounts payable process including assisting with coding and submitting invoices and processing fund disbursement requests (travel, corporate credit cards, employee reimbursements etc) as needed.
- Oversee petty cash, participant incentives and other incentive for all research and program activities.
- Partner with San Francisco Department of Public Health’s fiscal department and Heluna Health Accounts payable to manage contracts and budgets as necessary.
- Oversee monthly reconciliation of accounts payables and research any payables older than 30 days.
- BA/BS in related field or a combination of relevant experience and education
- Minimum two years of fiscal management experience with primary responsibility for monitoring budgets and expenditures preferred
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint and Access. Mastery of Excel and willingness/ability to learn new computer programs as needed
- Excellent analytical, organizational, business administration, and communication skills
- Evidence of sound judgment, trouble-shooting skills, and creative problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple assignments and to produce materials on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability both to take individual initiative and to collaborate effectively on teams
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to diverse communities, particularly communities of color and gay/lesbian/ bisexual/transgender communities
- Interest in HIV/AIDS
- Prior experience in clinical trials and/or a research environment
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled, Must Follow State and Local Health Order Mandates
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
All qualified applicants will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please apply at the following URL: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/JobBoard/6705aa07-0bcb-4660-ad1b-2fda952becc7/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=4a510760-bc03-4e0f-b641-109e8309d4d7