This role is remote, with the possibility of international travel dependent on COVID-19 status safety, and restrictions.
Nexleaf is a nonprofit technology company that partners with countries to ensure they have the data they need to build lasting solutions that improve the health of people. We are committed to transforming global health systems using data-driven insights. Nexleaf’s technology is in use in over 25 low and middle income countries across Africa and Asia, protecting and supporting the infrastructure required to get safe vaccines to 1 in 10 children born each year.
We have built a team of curious skeptics, data lovers, social justice advocates, forward-thinking computer scientists, and public health experts that are on a mission to rethink how life-saving solutions are designed and delivered. Partnering with leading organizations such as Google.org, Gavi, Qualcomm, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we are focused on measurable and long-lasting impact.
Nexleaf is a remote company working across countries and timezones to ensure the best talent and collaboration. We believe the right data can transform health systems around the world, and we’re looking for a teammate with ambitions as big as ours!
The Director of Strategic Growth & Development serves as a key leader on the Nexleaf team, reporting to Nithya Ramanathan, CEO.
We’re looking for a hands-on leader who can pave the way for us to accomplish our ambitious goals. The Director of Strategic Partnerships & Communications will lead our development function, including identifying, engaging, and securing deals with strategic partners, as well as our communications efforts. Working with a diverse set of global and country-level partners, you will be building strategic partnerships with multilateral organizations, philanthropic funders, and technology companies to ensure Nexleaf is well positioned to hit our strategic growth targets. You will be responsible for developing and executing on our fundraising and communications strategy, expanding the set of philanthropic partners financially and strategically supporting our work, and ensuring we are equipped to tell the story of our data driven solutions to current and future partners. Ensuring synergy, alignment, and reinforcement between fundraising, partnerships, and communications strategy across all of our teams. If you have a knack for opening doors and bringing together like minded organizations in technology, global health and policy, and want to be part of a fast-paced team that loves to iterate, then this role is for you.
In this role, you will:
Lead Nexleaf’s Strategic Partnerships and Fundraising (70%)
- Develop and execute a Strategic Partnerships and Fundraising strategy that ensures the right mix of funding opportunities and partnerships to achieve Nexleaf’s organizational strategy
- Oversee and analyze our portfolio, with the goal of solidifying existing partners and attracting new philanthropic partners, from institutional funders to small family offices, and technology partners that authentically reinforce our brand values and connect with our culture
- Manage philanthropic partnerships and relationships from start to finish. Your team will serve as a single point of contact and oversee relationships with our funding partners, and you will work across internal teams to ensure requirements for funders are met and exceeded.
Oversee Communications and Marketing (30%)
- Oversee marketing & communications across all programs, developing clarified messaging, collateral and communications.
- Lead the development of data-driven storytelling materials to help philanthropic partners understand the potential value of data for decision making, and the impact that data can have through specific examples.
- Broaden and strengthen the reach of our data-driven materials in partnership with our Engagement Specialist, to increase awareness with key audiences and strengthen the business case for data across global health.
- Lead our strategic partnerships and communications team, bringing a coaching mindset to uplevel everyone around you.
- Seasoned professional with 8+ years building strategic partnerships and business development with philanthropic and/or multilateral institutions
- 5+ years in a leadership role, managing a team of professionals working in partnership development, fundraising, and external engagement
- Demonstrated experience in external engagement, including marketing and communication with a record of success focusing on key relationships that help scale a company's footprint in targeted marketplaces
- Experience with philanthropic institutions and strategic partners, with demonstrated success developing a fundraising pipeline and winning $1M+ grants
- Excellent communicator across all verbal, visual, and written channels
- Can thrive in an early-stage team and small, growing organization with high levels of uncertainty and be willing to adapt to changing priorities and complexity
- Familiarity with global health
- Experience with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management system
- Experience working closely with a cross-functional team
- Familiarity with use cases, product-oriented partnerships, and/or the development of technology or data systems
- Can tap into a dynamic network in global health and other institutional partners (e.g World Bank, etc.)
Keywords: partnerships, fundraising, development, communications
- Amazing start-up culture that's purpose-driven and highly collaborative
- Fully remote company, giving you the opportunity to live anywhere within the United States
- Fast-paced, high performing team focused on learning and getting better every day
- Benefits including health, retirement and generous PTO (14 holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1-2 week year-end office closure)
- Flexible work hours
- 80 hours of parental leave
- Pet inclusive sick leave
- 401k employer matching