Interested candidates should send an electronic candidate’s package to email@example.com along with the following:
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A written essay stating what you want to do for JSA and what you want JSA to do for you (2 pages max, 1.5 spaced)
- Minimum salary requirements
The Associate will have responsibility for collaborating on multiple projects varying in size and complexity in one or more areas to include transportation, land use planning, economic development, social sustainability and organization development. Under direction of a Principal or Senior Associate, the Associate will utilize alternative dispute resolution (ADR) techniques (fact finding, conflict analysis, facilitation, mediation, negotiation, consensus building, etc.), engagement methodologies or organization development methods to prevent or resolve conflicts and develop agreement among stakeholders in the interest of achieving sustainable community development, environmental justice, and smart growth.
The Associate will model the core values of Justice and Sustainability Associates and be passionate in the desire to not only produce sustainable agreements but agreements that are just for all stakeholders and have a desire to build a progressive institution(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide input into the design, implementation, documentation and evaluation of small and large group processes that effectively and efficiently engage a diverse range of stakeholders (i.e. government agencies, policy makers and the public).
- Participates in multi-party policy dialogues, negotiations, strategy development projects.
- Participate in the assessment, design and delivery of collaborative processes. Assist with the development of consensus documents, and conduct implementation activities.
- Provides assistance with project management and strategic direction across a portfolio of projects.
- Interfaces with clients, consultants and key stakeholders as directed.
- Identifies the appropriate resources as needed to ensure timely completion of assigned project.
- Maintains knowledge and assist with adhering to project budgets and ensures expenses meet project requirements.
- Participates in the development of project plans and provides regular updates to the clients and senior management team.
- Collaborates with project team to evaluate progress and refine plans as needed.
- Assists with developing and implementing marketing and outreach plans.
- May represent project externally at conferences, community meetings and other events.
- Write program reports and summaries.
- Responsible for note-taking at meetings and distributing meeting notes/summaries in the standard format within 24 hours.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Graduate degree plus 3 to 5 years of years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, proposals, marketing collateral, and policy/procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
- Under direction where a definite objective is set up and the employee plans and arranges own work, referring only unusual cases to supervisor.
- Considerable responsibility regarding general assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work; may also occasionally assist in the planning of work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operations.
- Support the measuring of project outcomes against standards, while making necessary changes along the way.
- Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor importance and frequent opportunity for decision-making of major importance, either of which would affect the work operations of small organizational component and the organization's clientele.
- Contacts with other departments or offices and frequently with individuals in middle level positions; consulting on problems which necessitate judgment and tact in presentation to obtain cooperation or approval of action to be taken. Also, important contacts with associates as required in advanced supervisory jobs, plus frequent contact with senior level internal officials.
Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record of:
- Organization and time management
- Strong writing skills (including accurate notetaking)
- Strong presentation and deliverable creation skills
- Independent critical thinking
- Verbal communication
- Research skills
- Meeting design and facilitation skills
- Continuous process improvement (Kaizen)
- Evidence of self-management and success at “managing up” as well as “managing down”
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- High level of personal and professional integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability (LTD/STD), Life Insurance
JSA welcomes all applicants, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
JSA’s Corporate Vision:
Technologically “smart,” culturally competent, environmentally secure, economically just, moral, humane “beloved communities” across the world.
JSA’s Corporate Mission:
Help community and neighborhood residents, government agencies and developers reach just and sustainable agreements about land uses.