Austin Preparatory School
Executive Assistant to the Head of School
The Executive Assistant to the Head of School provides confidential, consistent, and professional administrative support to the Head of School and Board of Trustees in a variety of capacities. The position performs significant administrative and operational tasks that are integral to the effective and efficient operation of the School. The role of the Executive Assistant is one rooted in versatility, multitasking, flexibility, and adaptability to changing responsibilities. The position requires the ability to consistently reflect the highest level of excellence exercised within the Head of School’s Office and represent an unwavering commitment to the mission of Austin Prep.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Support the School and its leadership in advancing the mission of Austin Prep and safeguarding the School’s Roman Catholic identity and Augustinian heritage.
- Support an atmosphere of trust and openness among staff, students, and parents.
- Organize and review daily priorities for the Head of School.
- Schedule, maintain, and confirm the Head of School’s appointments, particularly as they relate to the many events and activities the Head attends in the community.
- Serve on the School’s Calendar Committee.
- Assist the Head of School with work and events related to the Board of Trustees.
- Record meeting minutes as assigned by the Head of School.
- Review the correspondence of the Head of School and draft replies when necessary.
- Screen the Head of School’s calls and requests and redirect those to the appropriate staff as needed that do not require the attention of the Head of School.
- Prepare documents, reports, and presentations for the Head of School.
- Make travel arrangements for the Head of School and other staff as assigned.
- Complete occasional errands.
- Assist in planning significant school events.
- Assist the Head of School in navigating the complex and overlapping intersection of professional and personal commitments.
- Manage projects as assigned and work independently as need to complete them.
- Manage a variety of reports utilizing in house systems, as well as Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Performed other duties as assigned by the Head of School or designee.
Qualifications, Experience, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Progressively responsible experience working as an assistant to a senior level executive.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to work with various personalities cohesively and successfully.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Unwavering commitment to confidentiality.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to offer to support throughout school departments, as needed.
- Technologically savvy, including experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Experience with Veracross a plus.
- Ability to think quickly, take initiative, and prioritize tasks.
- High energy and enthusiastic.
- Familiarity with shorthand a plus.