ESL Contractor Instructors teach English classes for the North Fulton Community Charities (NFCC) Adult Education program that serves students in North Fulton and surrounding counties. The ESL Program offers three sessions of English classes a year. ESL lessons include speaking, listening, reading, writing, and a minimum of three assessments. ESL Contractor Instructors work flexible schedules, and ESL Instructors may work split teaching shifts. ESL Contractor Instructors must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining a minimum number of ten students within this program, and work diligently to maximize positive student outcomes.
- Instruct students with the program goals and objectives of teaching one unit a week using lessons to include speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Evaluate students’ progress by administering a minimum of three tests per session
- Ensure student learning outcomes are attained and appropriately recorded in a timely manner. Follow curriculum, currently VENTURES.
- Prepare and maintain required documentation and administrative reports.
- Maintain teaching certification requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Ensure safety and security requirements are met in the classroom.
- Meet with students, staff members, and other instructors to discuss instructional programs and other issues affecting the progress of students.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent human-relations, interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's or Master’s in TESL, TESOL, English with a TESL certificate, linguistics with a TESL certificate, applied linguistics with a TESL certificate, or any foreign language with a TESL certificate.
- One or more years' full-time, paid teaching experience