Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity, Inc. (SCHFH), an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a nonprofit Christian ministry that has been building homes and hope in metro Atlanta since 1986. Our volunteers work for and alongside our future homeowners to serve this mission. Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Habitat mission, please visit www.schabitat.org.
SCHFH seeks a professional to work as an Warehouse Associate. Please submit an application online or in email with “Warehouse Associate” in the email subject. Or submit in person at the McDonough Restore addressed to John Barnes, Restore Manager.
Part -Time Job Description
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including receiving,
storing, handling and preparing items for sale while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly
fashion. The Warehouse Associate is also responsible for providing assistance as a Sales Floor
Associate, working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions and
recommend the right solutions. The Warehouse/Sales Floor Associate is an ambassador for the Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity McDonough ReStore and is often making a first impression of the organization
to donors and customers, therefore a positive attitude is a must. Hours for this position are Tuesday
through Saturday 9 am to 5:30 pm.
- Conducts themselves professionally.
- Has a clean and neat appearance, and positive attitude.
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Assesses customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on products available.
- Welcomes customers to the RESTORE and answer's their questions. “Go the extra mile” to drive
- Explain to donors the items we accept. Is considerate to donors, especially those turned away due to type
and condition of items.
- Follows policy and procedures in regard to customer holds, asking for prices and verifying receipts.
- Assists with keeping store/warehouse clean.
- Assists in unloading truck at ReStore, following front and back dock guidelines.
- Helps clean and move priced items to the showroom floor, as needed.
- Assists in other areas within the ReStore, as requested.
- Follows all Safety and reporting guidelines as outlined by ReStore management.
- Loads items at the work site in a safe and courteous fashion.
- Operates powerlift equipment and various power tools.
- Drives the truck to pick up donated products when needed.
- Helps to load items at the donor's location in a safe and courteous fashion.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment and provide excellent customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,500 to $33,000
- Employee discount
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Employees are required to wear masks in common areas of the building and in meetings. KN95 masks are provided by the company.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mcdonough, GA 30253: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Google Email: 1 year (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)