Finance Administrative Coordinator
Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity, Inc. (SCHFH), an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is a nonprofit Christian ministry that has been building homes and hope in metro Atlanta since 1986. Our volunteers work for and alongside our future home owners to serve this mission. Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Habitat mission, please visit www.schabitat.org.
SCHFH seeks an experienced Finance Administrative Coordinator to work as part of the Administrative Department. Please submit a COVER LETTER and RESUME.
Successful team members share the following characteristics:
- You believe in the value of lending a hand up
- You have a “go above and beyond” attitude
- You thrive on constructive feedback and have a high level of integrity
- You follow through on what you say you will do
- You are a creative problem solver who works across teams and with a variety of constituents
- You love results, not excuses
You are willing to stretch yourself creatively in order to fulfill the vision of an expanding ministry
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Bookkeeping & Accounts Payable
- Support the maintenance of chart of accounts and proper accounting records
- Daily bookkeeping entries including daily receipts of payments and donations, construction expenses and general operating expenses
- Process accounts payable invoices by effectively checking coding of invoices and expense reports to G/L accounts, entering invoices, printing checks and assuring on-time payment
- Reconcile accounts payable and vendor statements of accounts
- Interact with project staff and external vendors and subcontractors as appropriate
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Preparation of financial documentation, as needed, for grant funders
- Preparation of reports for managers, as needed, such as cost of builds, budget performance reports, functional expense analysis, etc.
- Preparation of information for annual audit
- Maintain approved vendor list and ensure current insurance policies, licenses and affidavits are on file
- Various record keeping and monitoring activities for business accounts such as insurance, utilities, gas cards, etc.
- Serve as communications hub for the affiliate: answer phones, transfer calls and record messages, general email correspondence and first response to visitors, volunteers and guests at the office
- Provide administrative to all departments: maintain company files, monitor and renew business license and other non-profit certifications
- Provide standard communication on behalf of the affiliate such as thank you letters, appeal letters, newsletter
- Prepare and maintain reports for the affiliate
- Development Support
- Process gifts and send appropriate correspondence
- Support Special events (Women Build, Party with a Purpose)
- Grant writing support and reporting
- Administrative Assistant to the CEO and COO
- Position is full-time at Hours are typically 9:00-5:00, Tues -Thursday in office; 9-5 remote Mondays and Fridays; with additional attendance at occassional affiliate functions in the evenings or on Saturdays.
- This position is classified as non-exempt.
- Position reports to the CEO and works closely with the COO, Corporate Accountant and all departments.
- This position requires some driving around Clayton, Henry, and Fayette Counties and therefore is subject to periodic DMV checks for driving records and valid driver’s license.
- This position is subject to a drug and alcohol screening, criminal background check, sex offender screening, and credit background check.
- The Finance Administrative Coordinator is expected to use discretion and independent judgment in carrying out his/her responsibilities and to represent the organization in a professional, knowledgeable, and collegial manner at all times. Other conditions and benefits are explained in the Staff Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent business experience
- 2 years minimum experience in accounting
- Knowledge of and experience with Habitat for Humanity or construction/contracting accounting preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks
- Computer literacy with knowledge of latest versions ofWindows , Office (Word and Excel), and web-based email to include the Google Suite.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
- Able to work well with all staff, independent contractors and people of all races, faiths, and backgrounds.
- Salary/Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience and education, health insurance and 403b available after a probationary period. We also offer flexible hours, have a great staff, and offer the opportunity to help working families in need of affordable housing solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Employees are required to wear masks in common areas of the building and in meetings. When alone in their own office, they are not required. KN95 masks are provided by the company.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jonesboro, GA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Benefits administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll: 2 years (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (Required)