Advocacy Services Director
The Advocacy Center of Tompkins County seeks an experienced leader to serve as Advocacy Services Director. This is a Full Time exempt position with a salary of $51,480.
The person in this position will share in a rotation of afterhours admin on call support to advocates responding to calls on our 24/7 hotline. The Advocacy Services Director has oversight of the day-to-day operations of the non residential advocacy services program and hires, trains and supervises a team of non-residential advocacy services staff. The Advocacy Services Director is a member of the Leadership Team and collaborates with other Program Directors and Coordinators as well as community partners for services and programming coordination. The Advocacy Services Director is responsible for accurate, timely collection of statistical data using a database system and conducts regular reviews of records for quality assurance.
The ideal person for this job is someone who has supervision and leadership experience, is collaborative, organized, detail oriented and has experience providing or is committed to providing critical support services while operating from an anti racist, trauma-informed, and harm reduction lens.
Located in Ithaca, NY, the Advocacy Center (www.actompkins.org) provides a wide range of support services to adult and youth survivors of domestic violence, child sexual abuse and sexual assault. Services provided by advocates include crisis counseling, emotional support, safety planning, advocacy, accompaniment to services including orders of protection, shelter assessments, post assault medical exams, victim support at interviews with law enforcement or caseworkers, and information and referrals.
We are an organization whose roots are based in feminism, social change, and victim rights. We are dedicated professionals with a strong work ethic who also promote self-care and wellness as we value a healthy work/life balance. We provide extensive training to our staff and are committed to strong supervisory support and professional development opportunities.
Our generous Benefits Package includes an annual financial contribution ($6,675 in 2021 prorated to start date) towards our cafeteria health benefits program (includes individual medical, dental or dependent care benefits or expense reimbursements), generous time off (2 weeks vacation the first year increasing thereafter, 16 paid holidays, 5 personal days, sick days) and annual retirement contributions after 3 years of employment.
Physical Requirements: Applicants must be able to ascend/descend stairs, periods of sitting, computer use. Standing and movement required. As we strive to most effectively serve the diverse needs of our community, we strongly encourage BIPOC and/or bilingual people to apply for this position.
TO APPLY: Submit two separate documents (in MS Word or PDF format only): 1. cover letter and 2. resume. Please submit as two separate attachments in an email to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
● Two to three years of crisis intervention, counseling or advocacy experience in a human services setting or translatable experience from another field
● Supervision and leadership experience
● Strong planning, interpersonal, engagement, listening, communication and crisis management skills
● Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Assess priorities, take initiative, handle multiple work assignments, meet deadlines, multitask under stressful situations
● Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, with a willingness to appreciate different points of view and problem solve in a constructive manner
● Sensitivity to the impact of sexual and domestic violence in diverse and marginalized communities
● Commitment to working from an anti-oppression, harm-reduction, and strengths based trauma-responsive approach
● Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships
● Flexible schedule - must be able to work some after-hours evenings, weekends and holidays as admin on call
● Vehicle and valid driver's license is required.