MUST Ministries strives to be a servant leader caring annually for 30,000 neighbors in need in seven counties. Founded in 1971, MUST helps people in need break the cycle of poverty by providing comprehensive needs such as groceries, hot meals, school food pantries, employment services, housing, emergency shelter, programs supporting at-risk children, and clothing. With physical locations in Cobb and Cherokee and programs in other areas, MUST is a non-profit organization that provides services without regard to race or religious beliefs.
Job Title: Cashier
Reports To: Store Manager
Hourly Rate: $13.50 /hr
Hours : 40 hours per week and 25 hours per week available. Must be available to work on Saturdays.
Store hours: Monday- Friday: 9-2:30, Saturday 9-5
The Sales Associate's job duties will include point of sale responsibilities, product pricing and staging and customer service.
- Greet customer and help determine needs
- Answer customer inquiries and/or concerns
- Assist in displaying merchandise
- Assist in inventory count
- Operate cash register to process sales transactions
- Keep store and all merchandise neat, clean and organized
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two plus years of retail sales experience
- Experience working or volunteering in a non-profit/charitable organization a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus
Physical and Work Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs with a partner
- Ability to stand consistently for at least an hour, walk, sit, and reach
- Ability to assemble and move racks and shelving as needed Ability to work weekends as need
Requirements listed indicate the minimum levels of skills, knowledge and abilities for the job, with preferred levels indicated. Job requirements may be subject to modification in order to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodations must be discussed with Human Resources.
Must Ministries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, qualified handicap or status as disabled or Vietnam era veteran or Iraq veteran or Afghanistan veteran. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.