MASSCAP is the association of the 23 Community Action Agencies (CAAs) – federally mandated anti-poverty agencies serving close to 600,000 people in virtually every city and town in the state. CAAs were created more than 55 years ago as part of the war on poverty to eliminate the paradox of poverty amidst plenty and to foster economic mobility and stability among our vulnerable friends and neighbors living with low incomes.
We do this by integrating and blending over 100 services including fuel assistance, food pantries, Head Start, free tax preparation at our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites, job training, adult education, financial empowerment, homelessness prevention and much more. CAAs also work closely with local allies in coalition to address emergent and ongoing needs and advocate locally and on the state level on behalf of the people we serve.
The Compliance Manager leads MASSCAP grant and program compliance. including a food security grant supported by Community Development Block Grant resources for FY years 2022 and 2023. Compliance requirements include but are not limited to supporting member agency program and scope implementation, data collection and reporting, monitoring and evaluation of program outcomes, and fiscal reporting. The Compliance Manager offers support to the MASSCAP Team to ensure that MASSCAP pursues its mission of strengthening, unifying, and advocating with the Community Action Statewide Network to advance economic, racial, and social justice and to create communities where everyone thrives.
Scope of Work
- Develop procedures to ensure compliance with CDBG reporting requirements for food security grant as well as other grants/contracts.
- Manage reporting for CDBG food security grant as well as other grants as needed.
- Create and maintain compliance profiles of new and ongoing grants and contracts for reference and guidance of MASSCAP team.
- Participate in development and refinement of documentation of policies, business processes, templates and guidance related to contracts, grants and compliance.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with nonprofits
- Ability to collect and work with data
- Grant management and/or grant writing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience
- Additional directly related experience may be substituted for education
- Experience with Community Action a plus
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Position is full time. Must be available to start in early-mid November
Please send cover letter detailing your approach to the scope of work, qualifications, and relevant experience as well as a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2021.