Do you want to play the central role in delivering the financial support for thousands of community-led organizations?
The Disbursement Manager is a key contributor to the GlobalGiving team. This position reports to the VP of Finance and will help ensure hundreds of thousands of contributions from individuals and corporate partners are accurately and efficiently disbursed to thousands of nonprofits all over the world. This position manages the Sr. Disbursement Associate and Operations Fellow positions and is additionally supported by other members of the Financial Operations team. If you want to know a little more about the work of the disbursement team - check out this article of our Senior Disbursement Associate.
GlobalGiving is a U.S.-based public charity that connects nonprofit organizations with individual and corporate donors, unique learning opportunities, and a suite of fundraising tools and campaigns. We are seeking an experienced Disbursement Manager who is self-motivated and committed to the GlobalGiving Core Values to support our Financial Operations team.
GlobalGiving seeks a candidate experienced in navigating the international banking space as well as some management experience. Someone who can work independently, who approaches work with a high level of conscientiousness, thoughtfulness and quality, and who will relish the opportunity to support and actively contribute to a growing organization and dynamic team. The successful candidate will bring a learning orientation to the role and display curiosity, resourcefulness, and entrepreneurship in the achievement of the position’s goals. Your work in this role will make a direct, positive impact for millions of people around the world.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- Reconciliation of merchant and banking activity pertaining to donor contributions and related disbursement transactions
- Validation of business and data rules for contribution processing, nonprofit disbursement eligibility, and financial reporting
- Determine the disbursable value of contributions and maintain related systems
- Internal control assurance and authorization of disbursement requests
- Ensuring ultimate delivery of funds is successful and beneficiaries are well satisfied with service
- Resolve Tier 3 customer service and remittance issues including supporting internal inquiries
- Manage resolution of stale designations, remittances, and project balances
- Support relationships with financial partners
- Stay apprised of US and foreign regulations for remitting payments and maintaining knowledge management systems
- Support annual audit, tax and compliance requirements
- Maintain strong relationships with financial partners
- Support the development of related back office systems including documentation of critical processes and procedures
- Other ancillary duties related to the financial processing of donor contributions and nonprofit disbursements
- Supervise and professionally develop a small team ensuring the successful execution of daily processing, customer service and analysis tasks.
- Tier one and two disbursement customer service
- Disbursement eligibility and record maintenance
- Online transaction fraud control and merchant chargeback handling
- Check and electronic payment processing
- Regular and expedited disbursement processes
- Related entity transaction reconciliation and settlement
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- 7+ years relevant experience including global remittance of funds
- Experience developing a small and effective team
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Commitment to the GlobalGiving mission and core values
Salary + Benefits
Salary range: $90k - $105k
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, "Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met." (One of many true stories.) And of course, we've also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the VP of Finance. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role will be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of the position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.