DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Chief External Relations Officer, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) is seeking a dynamic and mission-driven Director of Corporate and Community Engagement to join the agency at its headquarters located in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Director of Corporate and Community Engagement will lead a team working directly with local corporations and other organizations (nonprofit partners, community and civic organizations, local governments, etc.) to build strong and enduring relationships that result in increased revenue and enhanced volunteer recruitment for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta. An ideal candidate will have experience working with corporations and other organizations to manage complex partnerships. They will be adept in cultivating relationships, creating proposals and stewarding donors. A track record of working collaboratively with program teams to ensure effective delivery of services is also a key requirement. An ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for the mission of BBBSMA
- Experience supervising a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet concurrent deadlines, show strong attention to detail and organize time and priorities.
- The ability to think strategically and creatively about new approaches to philanthropy and partnerships.
- A spirit of collaboration that fosters positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in successfully soliciting large ($100k+) corporate sponsorships, grants and gifts.
- Experience in recruiting volunteers for nonprofit missions.
- Ability to collaborate with the program team that delivers service, in particular our site-based program team.
- Knowledge of the Atlanta community.
- Ability to steward gifts and ensure that donor expectations are met.
- Knowledge of solicitation, cultivation and stewardship strategies and techniques
- Strong writing skills and excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Solid decision making ability
- High degree of integrity, initiative, and resilience
- Maintain an active portfolio of corporate prospects built through research, networking and expansion of current agency relationships.
- Meet and exceed an annual corporate revenue goal.
- Work with the agency’s site-based mentoring team to identify, cultivate and secure prospective partners for the program to support the growth goals of the strategic plan.
- Oversee the work of the Senior Corporate Relations Manager and, ultimately, a regionalized team of Community Engagement Managers to support agency’s fundraising and volunteer recruitment initiatives in the communities we serve.
- Foster relationships with community and civic organizations, local governments, and other nonprofits to promote in-person volunteer recruitment activities.
- Support the goals of the agency’s strategic plan by building additional community support for the agency.
- Work with the agency’s marketing team to meet volunteer recruitment goals, including targeted recruitment of volunteers in specific communities.
- Make frequent presentations on behalf of the agency.
- Utilize Salesforce to track activities and campaigns related to revenue and volunteer recruitment goals.
- Manage multiple projects and complete them with minimal supervision.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Nonprofit Management, English, Journalism, Public Affairs, Communications, Public Administration or a related field preferred.
Minimum 7-10 years of experience in nonprofit corporate relations preferred, with a strong track record of success in generating revenue. Prior history of establishing individual and corporate relationships are key.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and CRM (Salesforce preferred)
Strong initiative and desire to advance development skills and career
- May be required to occasionally work nights and weekends as needed
- Local and overnight travel may be required
- Expected salary range: $85-95k
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta
For 61 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) has transformed the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in our community through a proven youth development strategy: one-to-one mentoring. The mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. The agency serves approximately 1,100 children from 12 metro Atlanta counties on an annual basis.
The Met, 680 Murphy Ave. SW, Atlanta GA 30310
For more information about BBBSMA please visit http://bbbsatl.org
Nondiscrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSMA is highly committed to the principal of equal opportunity in employment.