TITLE: Accounting Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
RESPONSIBILITY: The Accounting Manager supports the Associate Coordinator for Operations by implementing the overall financial plans and accounting practices of the organization. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure accurate and timely financial statements for CBF and CBF Foundation.
REPORTS TO: Associate Coordinator of Operations
RELATES TO: The CBF Constituents, CBF Staff, CBF Foundation, Church Benefits and CBF field personnel
1. Manages accounting functions, transactions and preparation of reports detailing financial results.
2. Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
3. Analyzes, investigates, and corrects accounting entries as needed.
4. Establishes and maintains consistent accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations through maintenance of the close calendar and account reconciliations.
5. Oversees Monthly invoicing for CBF Foundation and CBB.
6. Post reviewed and approved data to contribution system.
7. Support budget and forecast activities.
8. Monthly review and approval of agency activity reports prior to the preparation of the payment to these agencies.
9. Performs reconciliation of complex transactions, investment. roll forward and bank statements for CBF and CBF Foundation.
10. Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
11. Other duties as required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required, Graduate Degree preferred. CPA Certificate preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10+years of accounting experience at increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Exemplary Christian character and integrity with commitment to the mission of CBF.
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics, Salesforce, and Management Reporter
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Commitment to protect confidential and proprietary organization/donor information.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels of the organization
- Dedicated to outstanding customer service
- Attention to detail and accuracy with above average organizational skills
- Capable of multitasking with a sense of urgency regarding deadlines
- Initiative to recommend and implement accounting process improvements is highly desirable.
COMMITMENT: Cooperative Baptist Fellowship is a fellowship of Baptist Christians and churches who share a passion for the Great Commission of Jesus Christ and a commitment to Baptist principles of faith and practice. The work of this position exists to further this CBF commitment.