The Director, Database & Technology will be responsible for the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our cloud-based software, applications and databases. The position will also manage our IT and hardware infrastructure including all servers, computers and peripheral devices for the organization.
Working closely with fundraising, program management and marketing staff, the administrator will identify, develop and deploy new business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, part database analyst.
- Serve as primary system administrator for cloud-based applications such as Microsoft 365 and RingCentral
- Manage IT and hardware infrastructure
- Manage the maintenance and procurement processes for servers, computers and peripheral devices
- Manage relationships with third party IT companies that have business relationships with the organization
- Focus the organization’s use of data towards what best serves the mission
- Handle all basic administrative functions, including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks for cloud-based software applications
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to systems, and implement these changes as appropriate
- Serve as staff IT support service manager
- Plan and conduct staff training and maintain resources for staff use and training needs
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, approval processes, validation rules, and Nonprofit Success Pack features such as engagement plans and levels
- Manage less complex Salesforce integrations - those not handled by a Salesforce Developer or Consultant/Partner
- Identify, install and maintain appropriate apps from the AppExchange for event management, mass email, donation handling, and more
- Train new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Document customizations made in Salesforce
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long term projects
- A documented history of successful project completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes
- Experience providing excellent technical support to staff and other constituents
- A demonstrated ability to evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Strong Salesforce interest and ability to quickly master new technology
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality preferred
- Minimum two years of experience as a Salesforce administrator preferred
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified preferred
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certification preferred
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical database and technology initiatives
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems
- Ability to manage and maintain all version upgrades, integration processes and applications
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of MS Office 365, especially these applications:
- Outlook – scheduling meetings, managing calendars, use of rooms and other advanced functions; also managing, importing and exporting contacts; task management
- Word – document formatting, review options/tracking, mail merge, layout options
- Excel – spreadsheet creation; column and row formatting; data sorting; page formatting, including borders, gridlines, and use of headers and footers
- Basic knowledge of customer relationship management systems, Salesforce experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of remote team meeting software, presentation tools and graphics tools
- The position will be based at the South Arts office in Atlanta
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Use of fingers - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary $75,000.00 - negotiable based on professional experience
Benefits –South Arts offers an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; vacation; paid holidays; and a 403(b) plan with company match.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Email resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources
E-mail to: email@example.com
South Arts’ mission is Advancing Southern vitality through the arts. South Arts is a non-profit regional arts organization founded in 1975 to build on the South’s unique heritage and enhance the public value of the arts. South Arts’ work responds to the arts environment and cultural trends with regional perspective. South Arts offers an annual portfolio of activities designed to address the role of the arts in impacting the issues important to our region, and to link the South with the nation and the world through the arts.
The organization works in partnership with the state arts agencies of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. It is funded by the National Endowment for the Arts, member states, foundations, businesses and individuals.
For more information about South Arts, please refer to our website at www.southarts.org
South Arts is an inclusive employer and adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission standards. South Arts does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, military status, economic status, or geographic location in any of its activities or operations.