This position will have specific ongoing and project related responsibilities in accounting, budgeting and human resources. The position will directly manage day-to-day processes for accounts receivable in the accounting department and for human resources.
Grant and funder tracking will be at the forefront of responsibilities for this position, along with GAAP compliant accounts receivable processing, audits and tracking.
- Accounts Receivable tracking, audits and reconciliations
- Federal grant payment and allocation tracking
- Foundation grant payment and allocation tracking
- State Arts Agency payment and allocation tracking
- Allocation tracking for foundation accounts (MM, CDs, transfer requests)
- Investments and unrestricted funds tracking & reconciliations
- Month-end close procedures
- A/R audits, journal entries and reports generation
- Bank account reconciliations with QuickBooks
- A/R Tracking Workbook updates and reconciliations
- Annual fiscal year close procedures
- Assist with audits and journal entries as assigned
- Reports generation as assigned/needed
- Assist with preparations for annual audit
- General accounting responsibilities
- Budget tracking and entry into QuickBooks
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Management of various ongoing audits and printing of needed reports
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Manage staff onboarding process, including required paperwork and orientations
- Manage staff benefits plan administration and communication with third party benefits brokerage firm
- Assist with staff tracking projects such as time off accruals and various other important work related milestones
- Manage logistics planning for staff social functions and teambuilding activities
- Assist with equity compliance and initiatives
- New staff recruiting and hiring processes and communication with recruiting contractor
- Research online information as needed
- Creation of data and tracking spreadsheets as needed
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting position
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with a financial tracking database; QuickBooks Online experience is considered a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in foundation and/or federal grant tracking is preferred
- A documented history of successful work with both balance sheet and profit & loss accounts
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes and audits
- A demonstrated ability to evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- General knowledge and understanding of MS Office, especially these applications:
- Outlook – scheduling meetings, managing calendars, use of rooms and other advanced functions; also managing, importing and exporting contacts; task management
- Word – document formatting, review options/tracking, mail merge, layout options
- Excel – spreadsheet creation; column and row formatting; data sorting; page formatting, including borders, gridlines, and use of headers and footers
- Advance knowledge of MS Excel is preferred
- Basic knowledge of online bank accounts, money market accounts and CD’s
- Basic knowledge of customer relationship management systems, Salesforce experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of remote team meeting software, presentation tools and graphics tools
- The position will be based at the South Arts office in Atlanta
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Use of fingers - Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary $60,000.00 - negotiable based on professional experience
Benefits –South Arts offers an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance; long-term and short-term disability; vacation; paid holidays; and a 403(b) plan with company match.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Email resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources
E-mail to: email@example.com
South Arts’ mission is Advancing Southern vitality through the arts. South Arts is a non-profit regional arts organization founded in 1975 to build on the South’s unique heritage and enhance the public value of the arts. South Arts’ work responds to the arts environment and cultural trends with regional perspective. South Arts offers an annual portfolio of activities designed to address the role of the arts in impacting the issues important to our region, and to link the South with the nation and the world through the arts.
The organization works in partnership with the state arts agencies of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. It is funded by the National Endowment for the Arts, member states, foundations, businesses and individuals.
For more information about South Arts, please refer to our website at www.southarts.org
South Arts is an inclusive employer and adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission standards. South Arts does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, military status, economic status, or geographic location in any of its activities or operations.