UTEC seeks a mission-driven, experienced fundraising professional to lead its growing philanthropy and engagement activities with a focus on transformative individual gifts.
Background on UTEC, INC.:
UTEC’s promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of our most disengaged youth to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. UTEC’s outcomes-focused model begins with intensive street outreach, reaching proven high-risk youth “where they’re at.” UTEC engages youth in workforce development and educational programs and provides intensive case management. Social justice and civic engagement are embedded in all programming. For more info, please visit www.utecinc.org.
UTEC is celebrating 20 years with a new growth fund campaign to be launched next year. Serving young adults throughout Merrimack Valley (Lowell, Lawrence and Haverhill), UTEC was founded in 1999 as a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young adults (ages 17-25) overcome the very real challenges of poverty, gang involvement, unemployment. UTEC reaches 500+ youth annually through an evidence-based model aimed at reducing recidivism while increasing education and employment attainment.
About the role:
Together with a staff of seven, the Chief Development Officer manages all strategies for prospect identification, donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. They steward relationships with a portfolio of individual donors, corporations, and other funders in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Grants and Communications, and the Major Gifts Officer. The Chief Development Officer will spend 70% of their time engaging high level donors and be responsible for direct solicitations that contribute to the agency budget of $6.5M+ annually, while also supporting senior leadership team in fundraising activities.
The Chief Development Officer and their development team will execute cultivation and fundraising events and build the capacity of UTEC’s Board of Directors to identify and invite new donors. They will supervise UTEC’s Senior Development Manager to oversee all administrative functions within the department, in addition to working closely with the Director of Grants and Communications to enhance donor communications and agency- wide marketing efforts. The CAO also works closely with the Chief Finance Officer to best integrate systems between development and finance.
- A minimum of 7+ years of fundraising experience, including leadership and management
- Proven success in designing and managing a variety of fundraising campaigns, including solicitation of six-and-seven-figure gifts
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and co-workers at all levels
- Capacity to work effectively in a fast environment with evolving priorities, both as a leader and part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some night and weekend events
- Healthy sense of humor, and an ability to have fun while working hard
- Attention to detail a must
- Commitment to social justice and a passion for serving our young people is essential
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
Salary/Benefits: Salary range is $100,000 - $150,000. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday and paid sick/personal time.
Location: This position is located on site in Lowell, Massachusetts.
This search is being run by NRG Consulting Group. Please email email@example.com with any questions.