DIGITAL CAMPAIGN MANAGER
The BVM is seeking a Digital Campaign Manager who will expand the scope and scale of advanced digital engagement tactics to increase civic participation, including registering to vote, voting and filling out the census. The Digital Campaign Manager will work with organizational partners who provide a range of digital tools. The person in this position will help to expand BVM’s approach towards mobilizing voters and deepen supporters’ sense of identity and involvement with our work, via online engagement. This work supports BVM’s broader objective of advocating for racial justice and building power by centering Black love, Black culture and Black joy.
- Develop and manage digital tactics to increase voter registration, voter mobilization, census completion and issue organizing.
- Manage implementation of Empowerment app relational organizing in collaboration with state-based staff and community partners.
- Manage broadcast texting program (currently using EZ Texting)
- Generate opportunities to identify and engage campaign supporters and drive measurable online actions through alerts, infographics, key messages, etc
- Assist communications team with designing graphics for campaigns
- Assist with updating the BVM websites.
- Understand and apply data analytics to improve the effectiveness of the work
- At least 5 years experience in related to digital organizing.
- Familiarity with platforms/partners such as Organizing Empowerment, Mobilize, etc.
- Familiarity with broadcast texting (currently EZ Texting but open to other platforms)
- Design: Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Canva/etc.
- Familiarity with web design (Wordpress) and content management systems
- Experience working social media advertising a plus (Facebook, Twitter)
- Experience managing campaigns/projects in multiple states or locations.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative team environment; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt quickly.
- Commitment to racial justice, progressive causes and community organizing experience.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills and close attention to detail
This position reports to: Executive Director (eventually reporting to Communications Director)
Travel Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel approximately 20% of the time
Salary & benefits: Competitive pay depending on experience, plus unlimited PTO, health, dental, vision and life benefits.
Our goal is to increase power in marginalized, predominantly Black communities. We agree with the words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. when he said, “Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice, and justice at its best is power correcting everything that stands against love.” We operate with the following 5 core beliefs:
- The key to effective civic engagement and community power is understanding, respecting and supporting local infrastructure.
- Black voters matter not only on election day, but on all 365 days of the year. This means we must support individuals and organizations that are striving to obtain social justice throughout the year.
- Black voters matter *everywhere*, including rural counties and smaller cities/towns that are often ignored by candidates, elected officials, political parties and the media.
- In order for Black voters to matter, we must utilize authentic messaging which speaks to our issues, connects with our hopes and affirms our humanity.
- The leadership, talent and commitment demonstrated by Black women in particular must receive recognition and, more importantly, *investment* in order to flourish and multiply.
This position also supports BVM Capacity Building Institute (BVM), an affiliated 501(c)(3 organization. While motivated by the same core values – power building, equity and justice – BVM and BVMF operate independently of one another and each organization has its own board of directors.
BVM is an equal opportunity employer. BVM prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.