St Bartholomew’s Mission is: To be a nurturing, inclusive community centered in Jesus Christ, called to grow in our faith through worship, ministry, education, and service.
Location: 1790 LaVista Rd. NE, Atlanta Website www.stbartsatlanta.org
Time of Work: Approximately four hours per week which includes a minimum of two Sunday mornings per month. The workday begins at 10:00 am; worship starts promptly at 10:30 am and concludes by 12:00.
Compensation $100 - $150 per worship service
Reports to Assistant to the Rector
Position Purpose: To effectively use equipment in a way that enhances the experience of worshippers in person, livestream, and via Zoom. A smooth and uninterrupted experience for worshippers who are live and at a distance is crucial to forming a bond between these two communities. The AVT must be sensitive to the needs of both and have the technical ability to create and preserve worship.
General Description: The AVT will be part of the worship team and therefore hold responsibility for coordinating and training volunteers. The AVT configures, troubleshoots all AV equipment used for services on Sundays and occasional opportunities during the week including Holy Week and Christmas Eve. In addition to in person engagement and coordination on Sundays, videos of the entire service along with sermon (edited) are posted weekly to St. Bart’s YouTube channel and webpage.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive in a timely manner and prepare in advance checking all equipment and presets.
- Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support This includes (but not limited to):
- Audio mixing, monitor mixing, and audio recording
- Switching with multiple cameras
- Video recording, and live streaming production
- Use current Tricaster settings and work to expand use of other capabilities that are included
- Attend monthly worship committee meeting
- Initiate successful communication with the Assistant to the Rector, Rector, Organist and Director of Music, and lay ministers who are intricately involved with worship.
- Ensure that every worship experience at St. Bartholomew’s is well orchestrated via AV equipment.
- Recruit and train volunteers as needed.
- Update and maintain technologies and inventory of equipment. Keep equipment clean.
- Other duties that may evolve.
- Minimum one year experience using a NewTek Tricaster video production system (or similar) and working with congregations in this same or similar capacity.
- Cell phone that may be used for worship related communications and emergencies.
- Enthusiasm for creating online worship and learning experiences.
- Individual appearance should be neat and orderly
- Formal training in production or related discipline. Willingness to learn and to expand knowledge.
- Must have broad hands-on experience with technology in a modern worship production environment.