The Numad Group is a fundraising, communications and organizational planning consulting firm that primarily partners with nonprofits in the arts, education, and meeting immediate needs. Our small team has decades of nonprofit leadership experience, scholarly research in philanthropy and experience with a diversity of organizations. Our combination of background and skills allows us to view organizations holistically and bring creative solutions to their projects. Founded 11 years ago, we have offices in Rapid City, South Dakota; Boston, Massachusetts; and New York City—with clients across the United States.
Summary: The Project Manager is a key person on our experienced, creative, partnership-oriented team committed to helping nonprofits find solutions to advance their work. The Project Manager will contribute to client projects, particularly in the areas of fundraising strategy, donor development, organizational assessment, and strategic planning.
The job requires close attention to detail. It involves the thoughtful collection and analysis of project information, critical thinking, clear report writing, and juggling work on multiple projects simultaneously. The Project Manager acts as a partner to the Project Lead, ensuring the project is on schedule, key information is collected and summarized, client meetings are well planned, and an excellent final product is provided to the client. Responsibilities include:
- Write and package project proposals;
- Develop and monitor project work plans;
- Review and summarize client background materials;
- Survey the various aspects of landscape in which clients do their work;
- Collect, analyze, and put critical thought to a range of quantitative and qualitative types of data;
- Write project reports;
- Develop meeting agendas and summarize meeting progress;
- Plan and periodically facilitate meetings with clients and stakeholders of their work;
- Create presentations summarizing project milestones;
- Strong relationship-building and service-orientation with clients; and,
- Support the management of the collective Numad projects.
Talent and experience are important. So, too, is who you are. We especially value individuals who both love to learn and love to laugh, are detail-oriented and kind, and share our commitment to our corporate responsibility and anti-racism efforts. We are committed to
investing in our team’s personal growth, interests, and professional development and provide resources and time to support each employee.
The Project Manager will report to the Vice President. The position will preferably be based in our Rapid City, South Dakota office, but remote work will be considered for the right candidate. Some travel will be required.
- A minimum of six years of relevant work experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience in fundraising, program design, data management, Board development or program design.
- Solid research and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritize work.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Partnership-oriented and able to manage client relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft Professional Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint),