Position: Corporate Solutions Manager
Reports to: Associate Director of Corporate Solutions
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Start Date: Fall 2021
The Opportunity Network (OppNet) seeks a mission-driven, equity and racial justice-focused individual to join its collaborative team and support our Opportunity Ignited (OppIgnited) program. OppIgnited is a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color)-informed capacity-building resource for corporate employers to learn, design, and build inclusive workplaces to hire, onboard, and retain first-generation college graduates and talent of color. The OppIgnited program also provides partners with the opportunity to hire OppNet Fellows for summer internship positions with their companies.
This position offers the opportunity to contribute to building equity and opportunity across the corporate sector by playing a critical role in the execution of a program focused on creating systems change at the intersection of youth development, workforce readiness, and corporate responsibility. The Manager will report to the Associate Director of Corporate Solutions and will be responsible for innovating and delivering capacity-building resources to achieve the goals of OppIgnited. The manager will also support with student-facing programming and will collaborate with OppNet’s Career Success and Curriculum teams. This is a dynamic opportunity to join a growing. The Manager will work with the Associate Director of Corporate Solutions and the supporting OppIgnited team to create, collaborate, and seize a real opportunity to create social change.
Since 2003, The Opportunity Network (OppNet) has ignited the drive, curiosity, and agency of underrepresented students on their paths to and through college and into thriving careers, powered by our commitment to access and community. This year, OppNet will reach more than 10,000 students of color across the nation to support them in achieving their college and career goals.
- OppNet’s founding Fellows program works with 1,000+ students over the course of six years, from 11th grade through to college graduation, to provide college guidance, five summers of paid internships, career exposure and skills-training, and support in growing personal and professional networks.
- OppNet’s Career Fluency® Partnerships Program works with 35+ schools and youth-serving nonprofits across 20+ cities to build their capacity to amplify college and career outcomes for their own students.
- Through Opportunity Ignited we provide advisory services to corporations seeking to embed values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in their businesses.
- UninterruptedED, launched in 2020, is OppNet’s free, open-access learning portal for students and educators offering flexible courses spanning our proprietary Career Fluency® curriculum.
The ideal candidate will personally connect to the important work we do and value diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) across the organization. The candidate will demonstrate DE&I values by actively participating in all organizational-wide learning sessions and self-reflection as well as working with others to enact changes that contribute to meeting the organization’s DE&I goals. The candidate should possess maturity and discretion, organization and attention to detail, energy and initiative, the ability to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks on time, and a willingness to work on a wide range of assignments. The candidate should be excited to work with corporate partners who are at varying stages in achieving their diversity, equity, and inclusion goals. They should be able to meet partners where they are at on their trajectories, and act as learning partners to help move their work forward.
The Manager will have the following responsibilities:
Content Development – 45-55%
- Support the development and continual improvement of virtual and in-person corporate inclusive culture mapping tools
- Innovate learning and development design modules that map directly to best practices in working with interns and employees who identify as first-generation college graduates and people of color and foster inclusive and diverse work environments
- Build virtual and in-person workshops and training resources for inclusive practices
- Collaborate with the Career Success team to develop virtual and in-person trainings to help prepare OppNet Fellows for OppIgnited partnership intern opportunities
Corporate Partner Training, Relationship-Building and Technical Assistance – 20-30%
- Facilitate comprehensive and interactive trainings, both in-person and online, for corporate partners
- Facilitate custom engagements to set goals, align leadership and staff, and map existing partner resources
- Lead volunteer engagement opportunities including Lunch & Learns, Speed Networking and end-of-summer events.
- Support corporate partners throughout their internship experience through structured check-ins
- Support in gathering and assessing partners’ existing inclusive workplace practices to distill pain points, areas for growth, and strengths to recommend a strategy for progress and improvement
OppNet Fellow Internship Support – 15-25%
- Facilitate comprehensive and interactive trainings, both in-person and virtual, for OppNet Fellows in preparation for their internships
- Lead interactive events for Fellows and corporate partners to connect during the internship program
- Support Fellows in their internship experience through structured check-ins
- 4+ years of diversity, equity and inclusion consulting or relevant experience
- Excellent active listening skills and comfort having critical and reflective conversations
- Knowledge of innovative training methods for building inclusive workplaces
- Well-versed in equitable and inclusive workplace practices
- Supportive of team-based, collaborative decision-making that is based on open, transparent, continual communication and information sharing
- Outstanding organizational skills; detail-oriented
- High comfort level working with corporate partners
- Superb written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate a compelling message to various audiences
- High comfort level balancing priorities, setting realistic deadlines and project plans, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders around deliverables
- Demonstrated competency in data-informed practices
- Demonstrated belief in OppNet’s mission and vision
- Demonstrated alignment with OppNet’s core values in diversity, equity, and inclusion
Commensurate with experience, plus medical benefits, excellent vacation package, and great work environment. Candidates invited to a phone interview will be informed of the salary range for this role.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Corporate Solutions Manager” in the subject line.