To ensure the sustainability of this mission, Ladew Gardens seeks an Annual Fund and Membership Associate to continue building on the recent success of their growing annual fundraising and membership programs. Working closely with and reporting to the Senior Director, Development and Communications, the Annual Fund and Membership Associate will nurture positive relationships with all constituencies, including current and prospective donors of less than $1,500 annually, current and prospective members, sponsors and other friends to Ladew.
The Annual Fund and Membership Associate will be an outcomes-oriented professional who will build on the strengths of the existing annual fundraising and membership programs. The Annual Fund and Membership Associate will have a deep passion for the mission and vision of Ladew Gardens and an understanding of and dedication to fundraising and membership best-practices.
Annual Fund: The Annual Fund and Membership Associate will implement the strategies outlined in the recently created annual fund strategic plan to grow the annual fund revenue stream for Ladew Gardens and acquire, retain, and upgrade donors of less than $1,500 annually.
- Managing and continuing to proactively grow the annual fund program, with attention to both annual and long-term strategies and goals, that positions Ladew Gardens for financial stability and long-term success.
- Creating an annual fund communications calendar and managing the execution of all donor appeals and communications, to include: 1) identifying compelling content ideas and themes for appeals and communications 2) drafting the content and overseeing the editing process, and 3) coordinating the logistics for all appeals and communications.
- Partnering with the Major Gifts Officer to identify, qualify, and cultivate annual fund donors who have major gift potential.
- Managing stewardship activities for annual fund donors at all levels to build deeper relationships and ensure they are thanked and stewarded in a timely and consistent manner.
- Implementing consistent in-person, written, and/or phone contact with annual fund donors to help build loyalty and more significant giving.
- Ensuring accurate gift tracking, timely issuing of gift receipts/letters of gratitude and capturing all relevant donor information in Altru.
- Conducting wealth screenings and gathering other data to inform and enhance the annual fund program year over year.
- Optimizing Altru to track all aspects of the giving cycle for annual fund donors and prospects.
- Partnering with other staff to plan and coordinate annual fund donor events.
- Conducting fundraising trainings with staff and volunteers.
- Managing the execution of all recommendations outlined in the recently created annual fund strategic plan.
- Leveraging best practices and follow appropriate fundraising policies and procedures.
Membership: The Annual Fund and Membership Associate will create and implement strategies to generate membership revenue for Ladew Gardens and acquire, retain, and upgrade members.
- Managing and continuing to proactively grow the membership base in accordance with established targets.
- Creating an annual communications calendar to manage the execution of all membership appeals and communications.
- Partnering with the Major Gifts Officer to identify, qualify, and cultivate members who have major gift potential.
- Managing member benefits fulfillment and stewardship activities to build deeper relationships with members.
- Creating and managing the new member onboarding and orientation process.
- Processing membership transactions, ensures accurate payment tracking, and captures all relevant member information in Altru.
- Creates proactive reporting to support membership recruitment and fundraising priorities.
- Using data to inform future engagement with current members and opportunities to attract new members.
- Partnering with staff to plan and coordinate membership events.
- Conducting membership trainings with staff and volunteers.
- Serving as the main point of contact for members and respond to general inquiries.
- Leverage best practices and follow appropriate membership policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of three to five-years’ experience in successfully managing an annual giving program with demonstrated success in revenue generation year after year.
- Experience with cultivating and soliciting gifts is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of successful relationship building.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of development operations processes and best practices in non-profit fundraising.
- Experience using fundraising CRMs, membership software, or other database management software; specific experience with Altru a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently with limited administrative support and engage as a partner of a highly collaborative team and work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and list of three professional references to Ronni Cranwell at email@example.com. The search will remain open until the position is filled.