Student Leadership Network (SL Network) supports three life-changing programs that empower students to disrupt the cycle of poverty through education: The Young Women’s Leadership Schools (TYWLS), a network of high-performing all-girls public secondary schools; CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), a school-based college access program for young women and men; and the Young Women’s Leadership Network (YWLN), a nationwide network of single-sex affiliate and partner schools. SL Network programs promote a college-going culture in schools and make the dream of college a reality for students from underserved communities. To learn more, visit www.studentleadershipnetwork.org.
The Research and Evaluation team is tasked with evolving the organization’s data management, reporting, and evaluation practices for its current student population as well as the nearly 13,000 alumni in college across the country. Student Leadership Network is seeking a full-time Data Analyst to join the research and evaluation team primarily to support, improve, and expand our current use of Salesforce and to assist with analytics and reporting capacity within SL Network more generally, The Data Analyst will be responsible for handling day-to-day CRM administration and configuration, training users on current and future features, and supporting the Director of Research and Evaluation in leading the product management. The Analyst will also help to problem-solve, identify trends, report outcomes, and inform decisions related to the overall work of the team and the organization. This work requires strong independent project management, attention to detail, and adherence to deadlines. Individuals applying should have demonstrated passion and experiences driven by data, data systems, analytics, and actionable insight. The Data Analyst will report directly to the Director of Research and Evaluation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities: Salesforce Administration and General Administration
- Proactively monitor data for completeness and accuracy and communicate with impacted stakeholders when issues are identified. Manage efforts to assure data validity, hygiene, currency, retention, and the maintenance of data dictionaries.
- Manage the configuration and use of data within the platform by managing fields, permissions, security, workflows, profiles, and interfaces. Responsibilities will include creating fields, objects, validation rules, page layouts, workflow processes, and more to address and improve new and existing organizational needs.
- Set up, configure, maintain, and distribute standard and customized features of the Salesforce platform to support the organization’s various programs, initiatives, and departments in their search for insight and impact. Salesforce features may include but not be limited to objects, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Perform data cleanup and migration when required.
- Stay current of Salesforce releases. Integrate and update the organization’s instance as necessary. Apply Salesforce and industry-standard best practices to the Salesforce platform.
Development and Expansion
- Assist with scoping and planning of various CRM-related projects and initiatives.
- Support the Director of Research and Evaluation in product management by helping to understand needs, tasks, goals, and challenges across the organization, documenting use cases and requirements, and suggesting/implementing improvements or articulating these to consultants.
- Support the product development process and roadmap for Salesforce across the organization to deliver updates and enhancements.
- Incorporate new integrations and optimize efficiency and performance of existing integrations and processes.
Support and Training
- Coordinate day-to-day ticket management, troubleshooting and support for users in collaboration with the IT Support & Data Systems Associate .
- Ensure clear and effective business processes and relationships with teams across the organization, proactively monitoring and supporting user adoption.
- In collaboration with the IT Support & Data Systems Associate develop and deliver training and materials relevant to supporting and enhancing user experience in Salesforce.
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Compile, clean, and audit data from internal and external sources.
- Build and maintain data integration, where possible using automated ETL (extract, transform, load) processes or scripts in programming languages such as Python, R, or SQL.
- Create, edit, and maintain organization-wide reports, as well as reports for external audiences, such as schools and other partners.
- Research and gather key datasets, metrics, and benchmarks (e.g. city, region, and nation) in the areas of postsecondary outcomes, college access and success, single sex education, and other relevant topics.
- Support funder reporting needs and deadlines with the Development team.
- Support internal analysis employing both statistical and data science methods, as well as the creation of data products for external use.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to share COVID 19 Vaccination status
- At least 2 years of experience in the Salesforce.com platform as admin or power user. Back-end Salesforce development experience (e.g. Apex coding and admin experience) as well as familiarity with the NonProfit Success Pack (NPSP) highly preferred.
- Experience in manipulating large data sets for analysis and interpretation.
- Microsoft Office proficiency with Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate familiarity with Python, R, and/or SQL for data cleaning, analysis, and visualization preferred.
- Experience with data visualization tools and techniques (Tableau and Google Data Studio preferred).
- Familiarity with common educational datasets and data systems preferred (e.g National Student Clearinghouse).
- Tech savvy and eager to stay up to date on new applications and best practices in the use of Salesforce and other technologies. Be a hybrid techy! Love people and systems and know how to navigate and optimize both!
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple tasks under short and changing deadlines, while ensuring timely and accurate execution. Project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgment with the handling of highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop productive working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Passion for and a demonstrated commitment to educational access and equity for traditionally marginalized students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to present data in a clear, concise, and accessible manner.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Compensation: Competitive/commensurate with experience. FLSA Status: Exempt. SL Network is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off and 401K matching
Application instructions: Please submit cover letter and resume via website career page