Bridgeport and Hartford, CT
About Make the Road Connecticut:
Make the Road Connecticut is a statewide organization that builds power of immigrants and low-income Latinx in Hartford and Bridgeport to achieve dignity and justice. We do this by community organizing, legal and survival services, transformative education, and policy innovation. We tackle the issues that directly impact our communities of color: immigration reform, economic justice, education equity, womxn’s justice and youth justice.
About the Position:
We seek an energetic Parent Coordinator that can help sustain and grow MRCT Parent Committee weekly meetings. Parent Coordinator will foster relationships with parents of students in the Bridgeport and Hartford School system. The parent coordinator is a temporary-hourly part-time position, if this person works out there’s a possibility of growth within the organization. We strongly believe in parent leadership and development. As a result, our Lead Organizer, Wendy Cardenas will train, guide, support and oversee the Parent Coordinator.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to:
- To develop, facilitate and turn out for weekly committee meetings.
- Prepare and support the parent committee during research meetings.
- Focus on base building through 1-1s, field outreach and phone banking.
- Eligible to work in the U.S
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Speaking and writing in Spanish required
- Speaking and writing English is strongly preferred.
- A car and driver’s license are strongly preferred.
- A member leader with a membership-based organizing group and a proven track record organizing in immigrant, Latinx, and black communities.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, community organizing, leadership development and the elevation of directly impacted and marginalized people to create change.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is based on a scale set by our senior management team and will depend on factors such as experience and education. MRStates offers an excellent benefit package including health insurance, 401K, and generous paid vacation, sick, personal days.
How to Apply:
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter at the Make the Road Connecticut Career Center.
Make the Road CT is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and seek to ensure equal opportunity and equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, religion, color, citizenship, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, genetic information and sexual orientation, in all employment decisions including but not limited to hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.