Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality.
Resolve to Save Lives is an initiative of Vital Strategies with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from epidemics. We are led by Dr Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Resolve to Save Lives is transitioning to an independent public health organization to maximize its global impact with speed, simplicity, and scale. Read more about our work at resolvetosavelives.org.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
Resolve to Save Lives is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Accounting Associate to serve as the first point of contact for the finance team, support monthly accounting activities, and the year-end audit. The Accounting Associate is also responsible for verifying financial information and ensuring timely payments to partners and vendors. This position will report to the Director of Finance, and will collaborate across the Resolve Finance unit, and with program teams (US and global). This full-time position is currently remote. The incumbent will be expected to convene routinely for team meetings in NYC beginning in January 2022.
Accounts Payable Processing
- Process invoices from vendors and partners, including consultants, grantees, and service providers
- Work closely with Contract Management team to ensure appropriate approvals per the Delegation of Authority policy and to process payments based on the terms of the contracts
- Work with Contract Managers and vendors to resolve invoice and/or payment related discrepancies
- Assist with payroll processing
- Serve as point of contact for inquiries regarding finance and finance policies
- Implement new workflow processes and systems
- Review and process expense reports and per diem requests in accordance with travel and expense policy
- Process travel advances in accordance with travel and expense policy
- Process credit card expense reports and assist with monthly reconciliation
- Serve as point of contact for the Finance team to help enforce policies related to expense management
- Support Finance team with entering transactions into the accounting system accurately and on time
- Review, reconcile, and assign budget codes for monthly transactions
- Assist with consolidation of financial transactions for monthly close
Audit & Tax Support
- Support annual audit process by coordinating the preparation of documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- At least three years of relevant work experience
Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong computer skills; intermediate ability in MS Excel, including understanding of formulas and pivot tables
- Ability to work independently and as a team member; self-directed, ability to work with minimal supervision yet knowing when to ask questions
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, plus discretion with sensitive information and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Comfortable communicating with staff across different countries and cultures
- Critical thinking skills to apply general rules, but also catch inconsistencies