Job title: Office Administrator
Waterkeeper Alliance, an international environmental organization, seeks a dynamic, goal-oriented professional to help strengthen and amplify the voice of Waterkeeper Alliance and the Waterkeeper movement.
Location: New York, NY
Organizational Overview: Waterkeeper Alliance is a global environmental movement uniting more than 300 Waterkeeper groups around the world and focusing citizen action on the issues that affect our waterways, from pollution to climate change. Waterkeeper groups patrol over 2.6 million square miles of rivers, streams, and coastlines in the Americas, Europe, Australia, Asia, and Africa. For more information, please visit our website at waterkeeper.org.
Position Summary: Waterkeeper Alliance is seeking a dedicated, energetic, and professional Office Administrator to support the organization. The Office Administrator is responsible for a variety of office functions, including greeting guests; routing incoming communications; monitoring and ordering office equipment and supplies; improving organizational processes; and overseeing the day-to-day running of the office. The position also provides some support to executive staff. A detail-oriented approach, great organizational and communication skills, and a professional and enthusiastic attitude are all integral assets for this position.
- Serve as central point of contact for the organization and route calls and emails to appropriate staff;
- Engage in general administrative tasks such as scanning, copying, mailings, etc.
- Receive, open, sort, and distribute mail and packages;
- Scan, and log checks;
- Prepare daily deposits as needed;
- Maintain office supply inventory and order supplies as needed;
- Order print collateral (business cards, letterhead, etc.) as needed;
- Oversee the repair, service, and functionality of office equipment;
- Serve as point of contact with IT, phone, and internet vendors
- Support internship program;
- Ensure office space is consistently tidy and well-organized to maximize efficiency;
- Periodically archive and dispose of files in accordance with document management and retention policy;
- Maintain up to date staff contact information;
- Assist with the orientation of new staff;
- Serve as point of contact for the office building and oversee any facilities-related tasks;
- Assist in facilitation of weekly staff meetings, including taking detailed minutes;
- Fulfill reporting requirement for general office contracts, insurance, and other policies;
- Process payment request submissions for office expenses;
- Track and coordinate the allocation of office resources including desk space and computers (both in-office and remote use);
- As directed, prepare meeting materials and help set up and facilitate internal and external meetings, and conduct meeting follow-up;
- Assist with processing orders via the online store;
- Assist with donation entry into Salesforce and acknowledgment letter processing;
- Process invoices and expense reports as assigned by Executive Director and Chief Finance & Operations Officer;
- and Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills;
- Proficiency with Google platforms;
- Proven ability to work as both a team member and independent leader;
- Ability to assess and adapt to changing priorities, and take initiative to improve processes as needed;
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks;
- Ability to communicate effectively with high-level donors, executives, and staff;
- High level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Dependable, positive attitude, and a sense of humor;
- and Environmentally aware and passionate.
Job type: Full-time, non-exempt
Culture & Benefits: Our staff and Waterkeepers are the heart of our mission, and we are committed to pursuing the principles of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) as we move forward to a more equal and just future as an organization. We aim to create and sustain a workforce that reflects the hundreds of global communities we strive to protect in our fight for clean water, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team!
We offer a competitive industry salary, excellent benefits including 15 vacation days, sick time, paid parental leave (after required period of employment), work from home opportunities, and a healthy work-life balance to all members of our team.
Start Date: ASAP.
Applications: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Office Administrator” No phone calls, please.
Waterkeeper Alliance is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Waterkeeper is a registered trademark of Waterkeeper Alliance, Inc.