General Summary of Duties:
Good Samaritan is a nonprofit healthcare center with a mission to spread Christ’s love through quality healthcare to those in need. Located in Atlanta’s westside, Good Sam provides full circle of health services, including medical, dental, behavioral health, and nutrition access, to the working poor and underserved of metro-Atlanta.
The Development Coordinator serves on the development team and will assist throughout the office in support of the team’s mission to raise $3M+ in philanthropic support annually. This position coordinates the administrative duties related to fundraising, marketing and public relations, and event management and will gain firsthand experience in strategic planning to increase the capacity of a growing non-profit organization. Additionally, the Development Coordinator will be involved with developing stewardship activities for new and existing donors, as well as running donor and grant research and tracking. This role is entry level and will serve as the catalyst for a successful career in non-profit fundraising and relationship management for the right candidate.
The Development Coordinator will assist in the creation and implementation of the fundraising, development and communications strategy for Good Samaritan. They will also lead on planning & execution of all special events.
- Process and acknowledge all philanthropic gifts to the Center
- Assist with grant administration and reporting
- Maintain, update, and analyze donor data in Raiser’s Edge CRM
- Design & maintain a Monthly Donor Club and build the program over 18 months to generate $100,000 in annual revenue. Engage staff, volunteers, Women’s Auxiliary, Board of Directors, and key donors in making videos & distributing to their networks
- Help ensure the smooth operation of the development office and other duties as assigned
Marketing & Public Relations
- Assist Marketing & Communications Manager with creation of social media, direct mail, and program collateral content
- Attend community and/or corporate meetings a present information on Good Sam
- Coordinate and execute tours of the Good Sam campus to prospective donors and key stakeholders
- Plan and coordinate special events designed to engage new donors and steward existing ones, this includes a biannual gala and several smaller cultivation events
- Establish realistic event budgets and project anticipated fundraising outcomes
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in fundraising, project management, administrative work, or the like
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- Strategic thinker with experience managing multiple projects
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite; Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database preferred
- Personal passion for and connection to the mission of Good Sam
- Ability to embrace the organization’s mission and values.
- Ability to plan, organize and integrate priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to be compassionate, sensitive and understand and support GSHC’s Ministry and Mission.
Ability to represent the Ministry in the community with integrity.