The Director of Camp and Client Events oversees HoG's Camp Wannaklot and any other overnight programs and coordinates special activities and programs for clients and their families.
- College degree
- Ability to work without supervision, to use independent judgment, and to make appropriate decisions.
- Minimum 3 years of camp leadership or volunteer management experience
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Professional or volunteer experience with special activities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals and groups.
- Provide own vehicle, drive, and be willing to travel as required; including flexible work hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Serve as the Camp Director at Camp Wannaklot. The Camp Director is the on-site contact for any problems or issues that must be resolved.
- Identify potential programs and events for clients and their families. Ensure all programs and events are in line with HoG’s mission.
- Work with the Senior Director of Client Engagement to develop budgets for camp, family camp, and other client educational events.
- Coordinate client events and special programs (e.g. retreats, Family Camp, social and educational events, women's programs, virtual events). This includes developing pertinent mailings, making facility reservations, program development, ordering supplies, coordinating with HoG and hemophilia treatment center staff during the planning of events, and recruiting volunteers if needed.
- Coordinate with the Director of Health Education to develop educational sessions, recruit speakers and develop and implement evaluation tools for each (virtual or in-person) event.
- Oversee client event registration, including development of waivers and confirmation calls.
- Work with Program Services Coordinator to track client attendance at events.
- Determine the types of liability coverage required for camp and events and work with the Senior Director of Client Engagement to obtain coverage.
- Collect data on camp and client activities and prepare reports as required.
- Coordinate the camp working group, including recruiting members and facilitating committee meetings.
- Coordinate with Camp Twin Lakes to implement Camp Wannaklot and Family Camp weekends, including camp dates, meals, contracts, camper numbers and Camp Twin Lakes programs.
- Initiate and oversee the overall program development for camp, including initiating contracts, payment, and scheduling.
- Facilitate the recruitment of campers, handle all camp mailings, and answer parent inquiries.
- Recruit, select, screen, train, supervise, and evaluate all camp volunteers. Coordinate staff debriefing and evaluation at the end of camp.
- Write disciplinary guidelines for camp volunteers and rules for campers.
- Develop training materials for camp counselors to provide proper orientation and define expectations.
Please apply to this opening directly at Careers > About Us > Hemophilia of Georgia (hog.org).