Overview: Atlanta Habitat for Humanity transforms communities by acting as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization through education, innovative development, partnerships, and long-term relationships with families. The Giving and Stewardship Specialist is a member of the Resource Development Team, with the role of securing and stewarding annual gifts and grants in support of Atlanta Habitat’s mission and programs.
Position Summary: The Giving and Stewardship Specialist is responsible for executing strategies for effectively cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding existing and new individual and institutional donors. This includes coordination of annual giving campaigns and donor engagement events and activities, as well as supporting grant proposals. The Giving and Stewardship Specialist will conduct this work in close partnership with the Giving and Grants Director and Resource Development Team and is expected to increase the organization’s base of annual gift and grant revenues.
The Content and Social Media Specialist is directly responsible for:
- Help create and implement the plan for increasing revenue from annual gifts through a variety of tactics and methods; closely monitor and report progress in meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals.
- Execute steps for identifying, cultivating, soliciting/securing, and stewarding annual donations.
- Assist with the creation and launch of annual giving marketing and communications strategies.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with Atlanta Habitat donors and stakeholders, including Board, Advisory Council, Executive Team, staff, volunteers, and homeowners.
- Secure new and increased individual gifts through personal solicitation, online giving, direct/digital mail campaigns, and donor engagements/events.
- Plan and execute donor fundraising and stewardship special events, including Atlanta Habitat’s signature event, Welcome to Our Neighborhood Gala.
- Ensure timely gift entry, acknowledgment, recognition, and stewardship; maintain accurate donor records and correspondence.
- Meet or exceed annual giving goals, build positive relationships with Atlanta Habitat stakeholders, and represent the organization in the community.
- Support grants application, management, and reporting processes; assist with grant writing.
This position is classified full-time exempt, minimum 40 hours per week. Office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Some additional evening and weekend work is required. Flexible schedule and hybrid work options must be worked out with the supervisor and be compliant with Atlanta Habitat’s policies. A full benefits package is offered including employer subsidized health insurance, paid time off (PTO), employee gym access, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
Qualified candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred fields of study include non-profit management, communications, marketing, public relations, or business.
- Minimum of four years of professional fundraising experience working for a non-profit organization, with a proven track record of successfully cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual gifts and grants.
- Experience in sales, advertising, public relations, and/or marketing is a plus.
- Experience in event planning, sales, public relations, and/or marketing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with database management required; knowledge of Salesforce, iWave, or another fundraising, prospecting, or CRM software platform preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in public speaking, presentations, and facilitating donor meetings.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project management and time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines with special attention to detail
- Able to interact well with diverse groups and facilitate group workshops.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team environment and across departments
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes to priorities
How to Apply: Follow the apply link to our careers page at www.atlantahabitat.org/join-our-team. Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug-Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement.