A contract to permanent part-time position of 25 hours per week with responsibility for all functions related to managing the accounting and financial aspects of a professional non-profit Conservation Company. Reporting to and working with the Finance & Operations Director and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors and supporting the fulfillment of the company’s strategic and operating objectives. This position will also be responsible for light office management functions as well. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with candidate qualifications.
BOOKKEEPING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the day-to-day financial affairs
- Provide financial input to the leadership team and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Assist in financial reporting needed for grant-writing and grant-reporting
- Must be have excellent QuickBooks Skills.
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Manage the company’s accounting systems including maintaining appropriate records.
- Work with the Finance Director to develop, implement and monitor the company annual operating budget and issue reports on deviations throughout the year.
- Work with all staff members to track and maintain accurate accounting of revenues and expenditures.
- Serve as staff liaison to outside auditors and tax preparers and oversee timely execution of annual audit.
- Helps to prepare monthly, year-to-date and annual financial statements.
- Process Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.
- Manage and maintain all bank accounts, credit card accounts and financial transactions as necessary.
- Manage all commercial insurance policies.
- Other responsibilities as required by management and the Finance Committee of the Board.
- Flexibility to work remotely on occasions weekly.
OFFICE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help the Finance Director and President schedule meetings and appointments via Zoom or in person.
- Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations, conferences and Board meetings.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- A minimum of 5 years full charge bookkeeping experience, and or a degree in accounting or finance with experience. Non-profit accounting required.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks online and ability to manage integration with related platforms required.
- This candidate would be committed to the mission of the company, be self-motivated and exceptionally detail oriented.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and concept.
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular) required.
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools, and virtual meeting schedulers required.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
All staff, volunteers, and visitors, are required to wear masks in the building.