Our Safe & Stable Families Project (SSF) includes five programs:
1) Safe Families Office (SFO);
2) Social Work;
3) Standing with Survivors (SwS) Mobile Advocacy;
4) Family Law; and
5) Guardian ad Litem (GAL).
The SwS Mobile Advocacy Program provides services to survivors of intimate partner abuse in the Westside Atlanta neighborhood of Fulton County (English Avenue, Castleberry Hill, Vine City and Washington Park). The SwS Social Worker will work closely with the other SwS Social Worker and the SwS Program Manager, as well as other social workers within SSF, in a mobile and flexible way to reach survivors in Fulton County that have not found their way to the Safe Families Office (SFO) in the Fulton County Courthouse (the SFO is the only lawyer-staffed, courthouse-based walk-in clinic in the state providing legal and holistic services to survivors of intimate partner abuse).
The SWS Social Worker must determine creative and unique ways to connect with survivors in this new and innovative way, which steps outside of the SFO, and connect survivors with the resources and support they need to build a life free from abuse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct home visits as needed or law enforcement accompaniment (APD);
• Ensure excellent, friendly, and trauma-informed service to clients and potential clients;
• Assess clients’ social work and legal needs, beyond those which may be identified by intake advocates, and address as possible, including creatively, as needed;
Safe & Stable Families (SSF) Standing with Survivors (SwS) Mobile Advocacy Program Social Worker
Safe & Stable Families Project
• Request, recommend, and facilitate the issuance of financial assistance and other resources to clients, including transporting goods and assistance as needed to and
from clients and community partners and third party vendors;
• Seek out, build, and sustain relationships with other community organizations that could be a resource for SSF clients;
• Serve as link between the survivor and AVLF’s other programs and resources and provide additional client support as needed when being served by a SSF program other than the SFO;
• Address barriers to full engagement in client’s legal case and assist client with navigating the civil legal system as it relates to her or his victimization;
• In coordination with all SSF staff, build and maintain relationships, including through after-hours networking events with all project partners including Fulton County Court personnel, law enforcement, and community partners; communicate with same as necessary to collaborate and ensure quality services are delivered to survivors of intimate partner abuse.
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date client records, including tracking financial assistance and referrals provided; and
• Otherwise assist and empower the clients of AVLF’s intimate partner abuse-related legal services to obtain true safety and independence as they break away from the cycle of violence.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, with a BSW preferred. 3 (three)- 5 (five) years of experience in intimate partner abuse and social work/community advocacy preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Spanish fluency preferred.
• Must be able to work in a highly demanding and extremely fast-paced environment, supporting and serving survivors of intimate partner abuse diplomatically and with a trauma-informed approach, and coordinate work between all SSF staff.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including experience and/or comfort with public speaking.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds, including communicating with our diverse constituencies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (including a sense of humor!): team player with the ability to both lead and follow and a willingness to offer and to accept constructive feedback.
• High level of self-motivation and organization, including being self-initiated, motivated, well-organized, having the ability to problem-solve, and ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with Salesforce a plus. Comfort with learning and working with new technology.
Works in a fast-paced environment with work requiring multi-tasking. May require bending and prolonged sitting and/or standing. Occasional lifting, pulling, collating, and filing, some of which may be heavy (>15 lbs.) and require the use of carts. Constant computer work requiring repetitive motion and sustained visual/mental demands.
Regular use of your own vehicle, with mileage reimbursement and ability to commute to Westside Atlanta neighborhoods.