Administers and oversees the day-to-day operations of AVLF's Housing Court Assistance Center, which
provides limited legal representation or legal advice to tenants facing eviction and other landlord
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides quality limited legal representation or legal advice to tenants who come
through HCAC, walk-in clinic.
• Provides eligible tenants full-scope wrap-around legal representation - often in
conjunction with volunteer attorneys.
• Assists with the recruitment of legal and non-legal volunteers, administers the
placement of pro bono cases originated at the Housing Court Assistance Center, and mentors
attorneys and non-attorney volunteers staffed on such cases.
• Serves as an ambassador to Court Administration, Office of the Clerk, private sector,
law schools, and other community-based organizations, increasing the Center's visibility among
• Establishes the long-range goals, strategies, and policies to further the Center's
impact and initiatives. Works closely with AVLF's development, grants and contracts, and
communications team to promote HCAC's mission and resource development.
Education and Experience
JD degree and an active member of the State Bar of Georgia in good standing; three (3) to five (5)
years experience with landlord-tenant litigation; Experience with building a professional network
of attorneys is preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Strong personal work ethics
• Ability to organize time, manage diverse activities, and meet critical deadlines with minimal supervision; excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Ability to quickly engage, connect, and empathize with tenants facing the crisis of eviction, while determining relevant details and providing accurate and relevant legal advice
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects while maintaining a firm grasp of individual project details.
• Strong litigation skills in any practice area
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite software. Experience using Salesforce is a plus
• Knowledge of data analysis is a plus
Works in a fast-paced office environment with work requiring multi-tasking. May require bending and prolonged sitting and/or standing.