Position: Partnership Development Consultant
Location: Virtual (100% remote)
Type: Part-Time Consultant (10-15 hours/week)
OVERVIEW OF NXU
The Short Version: At nXu, we believe that it's not enough to teach kids academic skills; We owe it to them to help them identify and pursue their purpose in the world. We work with K-12 educators to support their work in developing their students' sense of purpose. We also work directly with high school and college students to articulate their purpose and map the path they will take to live their lives with purpose.
The Long Version: nXu is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to catalyze and equip youth and adults to explore, articulate, and pursue their purpose by developing social and emotional learning skills. Overseen by nationally recognized educators including the co-founders of Transcend Education, we have developed a research & evidence-based purpose development methodology, curriculum, and program model that can be deployed in-person, online, and on a blended basis. We offer a training program as well as a purpose development curriculum to schools, and we also directly implement programming both online and in person with students both in school and out of school.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We’re looking for a versatile and creative Partnership Development Consultant to build nXu’s client base to include a more robust and diverse group of schools & organizations, including but not limited to district, charter, parochial, and independent schools, as well as non-traditional college and career-prep programs (especially in Colorado).
The right person for this role will have experience identifying, building, and maintaining long-term relationships with organizations, districts, and/or systems. And the right individual will have strong relationship building skills and effective systems to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
This is a fast-paced, part-time, and virtual role. The point of contact for this person is Cat Lum, nXu’s Director of Programs. This person will also work closely with Yutaka Tamura, Executive Director of nXu, and Jabali Sawicki, Compass Director at nXu.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify schools and organizations for potential partnerships (especially in Colorado);
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain strong working relationships with a complex range of institutions including, but not limited to, public & private school districts and organizations;
- Develop a strategic approach to building relationships with partners, including managing stakeholders internally;
- Articulate clearly and compellingly nXu’s range of offerings to prospective partners;
- Negotiate agreements with clients;
- Maintain relationships with contacts to ensure partners’ needs are being met; and
- Secure ongoing partnerships to support the success of nXu in the present and the future.
The right candidate for this position must possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- A belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping young people and professionals explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life;
- Experience with partnership development and cultivation, especially with public school districts. (Experience in Colorado is a plus.)
- The ability to negotiate and execute agreements that support and protect nXu’s program;
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to connect with diverse audiences in terms of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and more;
- Experience using Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides;
- Self-directed and comfortable working with a remote team, often independently;
- A strong attention to detail;
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at one time;
- The willingness to share feedback and reflections with peers and nXu leadership directly and in a way that can support shared resolution;
- The ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching;
- At least two years of college coursework; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States secured by the first day of employment.
Ideally, the right candidate for this position would also possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- Experience working in public school districts;
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to support the growth of a start-up organization; and
- 4+ years working in the education sector.
nXu offers competitive compensation for this consulting role.
Interested applicants should apply at the website below.
nXu is an equal opportunity provider for all applicants and employees.