Park Place Outreach, Inc. (PPO) is seeking a full-time Executive Director to lead the strategic management of the organization and all its programs. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director collaboratively establishes the strategic priorities of the organization, ensuring communication and coordination among each program. Collaborates with the leadership team to translate goals and strategies to operational directives in support of the mission. A primary focus of the Executive Director is as a representative and advocate within the community, fostering awareness and funding relationships in support of the mission of all PPO programs.
The mission of Park Place Outreach Youth Emergency Shelter is to provide services to at-risk youth and their families, increase their functional level, and reunify families whenever possible. All employees of Park Place Outreach are expected to demonstrate commitment to our mission through compassionate care and respectful communication and collaboration with every member of our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, education, social sciences, business, public administration or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Two to four years’ experience working with children/families and/or homeless preferred.
- Budget experience required, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Experience with state and federal grant processes preferred, particularly Runaway Homeless Youth grants, Emergency Solutions Grants, Promoting Safe and Stable Families grants.
- Strategic planning experience required.
- Fundraising and/or donor management experience preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certification required (may be obtained upon offer of employment).
- PPO employees are 100% COVID vaccinated. For the safety of the youth we serve, their families, and our staff, COVID vaccination is required.
- Empowers and supports the Associate Director, Transitional Living Program Director, Basic Center Director and Drop-In Center Director to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all programs in support of the Park Place mission in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Collaboratively provides strategic direction to all programs and maintains open lines of communication with the PPO team and board regarding needs, opportunities and progress.
- Identifies best practices to serve the socio-cultural dynamics of those served and demonstrates sensitivity and awareness to serving and leading people from all backgrounds.
- Advocates for at-risk youth within the local and regional communities, serving as a spokesperson for the programs of Park Place Outreach.
Donor & Funding Management
- Oversees all fundraising efforts including donor cultivation, corporate sponsorships, solicitations, donation mechanisms, grants, and capital campaign.
- Seeks and navigates a variety of funding sources, including State and Federal grants such as Runaway Homeless Youth grants, Emergency Solutions Grants, Promoting Safe and Stable Families grants.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Direct Reports: One
Reports to: Board of Directors
Benefits: Health, dental, vision insurance with employee contribution, Paid Time Off
Location: Savannah, GA (in-person required, occasional virtual work may be possible)
For more information on Park Place Outreach, Inc., please visit https://www.parkplaceyes.org/
Park Place Outreach, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.