NDLON seeks a creative Grants Manager to track and grow our portfolio of institutional funders. The Grants
Manager, will work collaboratively within the Development Department, to further raise our profile among
philanthropic and government sectors. This position will design, lead, and support innovative fundraising strategies
to improve how we tell our story and how we inform & engage our funders/contributors. Salary is commensurate
with experience but also comes with a competitive benefits package for health, dental/vision, and paid time off. The
Grants Manager will report directly to the Co-Directors of Development.
Specific Job Duties:
- Manage a growing portfolio of 40+ philanthropic funders of immigrant worker, cultural, and equity programs.
- Strengthen grant and contract systems, calendars, tools, and work flow to increase and diversify NDLON’s portfolio of grants and contracts.
- Partner with program leads to strategize, draft, and assemble compelling grant proposals.
- Track accomplishments and media hits for programmatic evaluation and grant reports.
- Research, identify, and build relationships with new funding prospects in support of NDLON’s initiatives.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization’s mission, strategic plan, programs, and initiatives and effectively convey this information to current and prospective funders.
- Maintain up-to-date and well-organized grant records.
- Engage in collaborative, positive, and ongoing relationship-building of funders, donors, and internal teams.
- Support the Development Department in special events, donor relations, and general duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four years of grant writing and/or grants management.
- Excellent written and storytelling skills.
- Experience in generating funding prospects in philanthropic sector.
- Knowledge and passion for immigrant and workers’ rights issues.
- Strong planning and organizational skills paired with flexibility, adaptability, and creativity.
- Must have the ability to resolve conflicts and respond to inquiries in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Self-starter with an ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to gather and synthesize data and prioritize work assignments
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Application packet must include: Cover letter, resume, and three references. All application materials should be sent electronically to: email@example.com with subject line “Grants Manager”.