General Summary of Duties:
In collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, Grants Manager, and Community Outreach Manager, the Marketing & Communications Manager will be part of a team whose goal is to increase stakeholder awareness and raise $3 million in annual philanthropic contributions. The Marketing & Communications Manager will create a comprehensive marketing strategy, conceptualize and produce all marketing materials from design to content, assist with special events vision and content production, and manage the Good Samaritan social media channels in order to elevate the brand and engagement with Good Sam with multiple demographics. The manager will also support and facilitate national marketing campaigns with significant program funders.
The Center is a Christian ministry that provides full circle of health services, including primary care, dental, mental health, and nutrition programming to those in need in metro-Atlanta.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Lead on elevating “brand” for Good Samaritan and develop plan for integrating the look, feel, & culture of that brand into all aspects of the Center
- With assistance from CDO, conceptualize and produce all marketing collateral including presentation folders, newsletters, direct mail, brochures, case statements, annual reports, e-communications, etc.
- Monitor and lead the strategy for the Center’s website administration, coordination, and maintenance. Ensure that new and consistent information is received from divisions, departments, and posted regularly
- Maintain and update blog on website and develop more video assets for Good Sam
- Bolster social media presence and engagement
- Integrate communications calendar into operations of the Center so all employees & volunteers are engaged during key push periods
- Oversee brand consistency across all divisions, internally and externally
- Proactively follow changes in healthcare industry and update marketing messages accordingly
- Establish partnerships with national funders and local news & media outlets so that Good Sam is no longer the “best kept secret” in Atlanta
- Work as the Good Sam “reporter”, gathering great stories from staff and patients and sharing those regularly through all appropriate channels
- Work hand in hand with Chief Development Officer to build and launch Annual Campaign. Tailor messaging to match donor personalities
- Work collaboratively with the Grants Manager to ensure all written proposals/reports align with marketing messages
- Manage a direct mail program, including processes, content, and materials to build and maintain a successful annual giving program
- Regularly run analytics to determine if our marketing strategies are accomplishing fundraising and engagement goals
- Assist with creation and implementation of Donor Stewardship Plan
- Lead on establishing donor affinity groups, specifically young donors & crowd-sourcing fundraising initiatives
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing & communication skills with 3-5 years of marketing/development experience
- Strategic thinker with experience growing a revenue base
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled with InDesign; Photoshop; Microsoft Suite; Raiser’s Edge database
- Personal passion for and connection to the mission of Good Sam
- Ability to embrace the organization’s mission and values.
- Ability to plan, organize and integrate priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to be compassionate, sensitive and understand and support GSHC’s Ministry and Mission.
- Ability to represent the Ministry in the community with integrity.
Compensation: Competitive salary & benefits package depending on experience. This is a full-time position.