Make a difference in our community by managing CSR and Employee Engagement at Accountants One through the Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant and the impact of our non-profit – Stand-Up For Leadership.
Stand-Up For Leadership (SUFL) – is a 501c3 nonprofit organized exclusively for charitable and education purposes with a focus on supporting youth serving nonprofit organizations – specifically, Junior Achievement of Georgia and 3DE.
The core fundraising arm for SUFL is the annual Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant, raising nearly a half-a-million dollars for JA, In 2022 we would like to do even more. Are you interested in becoming an integral part of our mission to support the young people of our community?
This is a full or part-time role preparing for the Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant Fundraiser in November of 2022. The CSR & Employee Engagement Manager would continue to build fundraising support by bringing the community together around this fundraiser. But deeper, this role will create a plan to systemically supporting organizations serving the youth of our community.
To learn more about the Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant Fundraiser visit: www.accountantsarefunnytoo.com
Established over 15 years ago, the Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant has become an Atlanta fixture. The show has a long track-record of selling out a 950-seat venue, attracting corporate sponsorship from Mercedes-Benz, PwC, Sage, Chick-fil-A, ADP, Moore Colson, WestRock, Genuine Parts Company, and host of other highly respected companies. To date, the event has raised more than $450,000 for Junior Achievement of Georgia while continuing to prove that Accountants Are Funny Too!
In November 2022, the fundraiser will be back. However, the bar has been raised. Drum roll please…
The 2022 Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant will take place at the Coca-Cola Roxy in the Battery. This venue seats over 2,000 and gives us the opportunity to raise even more money for Junior Achievement. Further, as this event has grown it’s created an opportunity for the establishment of Accountants One’s Foundation, Stand Up For Leadership (SUFL).
We have come to recognize that we could do so much more for our community through this event, our foundation, and our incredible employees. Which is why we are looking to add a Manager, CSR & Employee Engagement. This person will help us maximize the impact we have on our community.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Support Accountants One’s philanthropic mission and visions, including signature event Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant
- Oversee Accountants’ One’s newest established foundation, Stand-Up For Leadership
- Work with President & CEO to develop brand messaging around corporate social responsibility strategy
- Identify nonprofit organizations that support Accountants One’s community goals
- Work with marketing team to share messaging around CSR efforts across a variety of platforms
- Manage relationships with the company's and the foundation's philanthropic partners; develop programs with these partners that generate impact and deliver on goals
- Manage communications plan to drive awareness of the company's corporate responsibility initiatives, including supporting the development of the Corporate Responsibility report
- Manage community outreach programs and coordinate employee volunteer opportunities
- Plan and execute employee activities and events (in person and virtual) for both in-office and remote employees with an emphasis on activities that promote team building
- Work in partnership with marketing team on effective internal communication
- Liaison with marketing team on community engagement content for internal and external audiences
- Implement method to track employee volunteer hours for reporting purposes, as well as to enhance employee engagement
- Identify non-profit board and other growth opportunities for Accountants One employees to increase our community impact
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications and Content Marketing teams to develop a comprehensive communications plan for our community engagement efforts to ensure consistent, quality communication regarding community activities and impact
- Establish Matching Gifts program for employees and determine necessary platforms
- Collaborate with planning team in coordinating events
Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant
- Meet with business and community leaders to align contributing organizations with the mission of the Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant
- Collaborate with JA of Georgia’s Development team to identify and solicit event and table sponsorships
- Manage social media and communications strategy around the Funniest Accountant Brand in conjunction with fundraising goals
- Create collateral working with the Marketing Team to create brand awareness for potential fundraising sponsors
- Work with marketing team to brand event for corporate sponsors, audience members, and funny accountants
- Manage the event logistics by collaborating with other staff members to create a first-class experience for corporate sponsors and audience members
- Coordinate try-outs and world-class training for the “Funny Accountants”
- Work with Comedy Coach in managing a first-class experience for performers, sponsors, and audience members
- Assist in recruiting an “A-list” comedian to open the show
- Develop the CSR arm of Accountants One by responsibly managing the assets of the fundraiser
Top Three Objectives to be achieved before November 2022:
- Align the Search for the South’s Funniest Accountant with several well-known businesses as major donors / event sponsors
- Plan and implement an event timeline including fundraising, coordinating auditions, and the fundraiser itself
- Organize a seamless & sold-out November 2022 show
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Development, Business, or a closely related field is required. Alternatively, a person with a background in Accounting / Finance might thrive in this role.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven experience raising money for a non-profit and / or event coordination
- Demonstrated results in initiating relationships, cultivating interests and securing support and participation
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision-makers in the business community