Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward fulfilling MSF’s mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually to meet MSF’s financial needs in order to carry out our mission effectively and efficiently.
Within the Development Department, the Foundations and Corporate Partnerships team is responsible for raising over $35 million from companies and corporate and private professional foundations.
You will join a dynamic team and primarily focus on building and growing corporate partnerships with existing and prospective donors. You will manage your own portfolio of 250+ corporate donors representing multiple fundraising channels such as grants, workplace giving, incentivized giving, and Cause Related Marketing. Daily functions include regularly communicating with and stewarding corporate contacts, developing proposals and reports, managing cultivation processes and other communications from the Corporate Partnerships team, following up on incoming inquiries, and collaborating with development peers in overlapping areas of interest. You will report to the Director of Foundations and Corporate Partnerships and be part of the MSF-USA development team.
- Manage all aspects of cultivation and stewardship of a select portfolio of corporate donors in order to grow and diversify their giving. This includes managing existing relationships, initiating new ones, and re-engaging lapsed donors. Responsibilities include building appropriate strategies to initiate and cultivate these relationships.
- Develop grant proposals, reports, and other content in collaboration with team members and colleagues in Development and other departments (program, communications, finance) in the US office and MSF offices around the world
- Manage Cause Related Marketing partnerships that are aligned with MSF values and principles.
- Collaborate with the team in developing communications to corporate donors and internal stakeholders including for web, emails, renewal and topic specific mailings, meetings, and events.
- Manage select strategic projects and initiatives related to industry research and/or business objectives.
- Collaborate on the implementation of team procedures related to incoming inquiries, donor tracking, cultivation and stewardship follow-ups and overall quality control.
- Track relationship activities in fundraising database.
- Participate in various donor engagement activities, events, and meetings, which may include Executive Director, Board Members, development team members, aid workers, and key staff.
- Engage in networking opportunities to garner introductions to new prospects.
- Collaborate with development colleagues and other departments on areas of overlap such as events, employee matching gift campaigns, donor advised fund giving, as appropriate.
- Participate in development of annual plans and strategies to meet MSF priority funding needs aligned with organizational objectives and policies.
- Responsible for staying abreast of MSF and international news and for building a general overall knowledge of the organization, including regularly reading general MSF publications and attending office presentations and program updates.
- Minimum three years of successful fundraising experience, preferably with US corporations, or foundations. Including proven track record with all aspects of donor cultivation (research, grant writing, follow-up, and stewardship).
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills to be able to share complex information to a variety of recipients.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Interest and commitment to the work of MSF and knowledge of international affairs and humanitarian issues.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work under pressure and with deadlines while maintaining a sense of humor and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy; and
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and database software(s) such as Salesforce or Raiser's Edge.
- Experience reviewing and implementing partnership agreements.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.
- Project management skills; and
- French skills preferred, Spanish a plus.