Georgia Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), a nonprofit organization, partners with a network of 45 affiliates in local communities to provide volunteer advocates for children experiencing foster care due to abuse or neglect. The Court Appointed Special Advocates state network consists of over 250 staff members and 2,700 trained volunteer advocates who advocate for more than 11,150 children each year. Georgia CASA is currently seeking a Special Projects Coordinator, a position within the 10-person organization. This full time position is a member of the Impact team and reports directly to the Impact Director. The position description is listed below and may also be found on the Georgia CASA website.
The Special Projects Coordinator manages logistics, scheduling, and coordination for statewide training, events, and meetings for the CASA network. This position is also tasked with coordinating in-house projects and special recognitions upon request. This position reports to the Impact Director.
- Coordinate and execute major statewide events in conjunction with the lead team member
- Manage logistical and hospitality details for identified trainings and meetings
- Provide consultation on event management and production
- Support recognition and special events as requested
- Work collaboratively with other staff members on objectives that serve the mission, vision and purpose of GA CASA
- Lead event management from initial planning stages through successful execution for State Conference and CASA Day at the Capitol
- Explore and determine ideal venue options for specific events
- Manage communications and deliverables with vendors
- Coordinate arrangements for attendees, presenters, guest, etc.
- Prepare and disseminate advance communications
- Serve as an event production lead
- Troubleshoot with lead staff to maximize event production
- Capture event processes and improvements for future events
- Coordinate logistics for multi-day and single day staff trainings to include Council of Programs, All-Staff Coordinator Training, Volunteer Supervisor Training, Training of the Facilitator, and others as requested.
- Consult with lead staff on venue, food, space, and speaker requirements as well as pre-planning calls
- Manage venue, food, AV and lodging logistics
- Secure location and dates with input from lead
- Coordinate on-site logistics, catering, activities, etc.
- Confirm room list and manage last-minute changes
- Prepare materials and manage online posting
- Manage AV and production needs, as requested
- Distribute participant evaluation
- Coordinate speaker confirmations and logistics
- Manage participant registration and accommodations
- Compile summary report with feedback from the planning team, staff, and participants for future years
- Assist with special fundraising, recognition and anniversary events as requested
- Maintain an effective working relationship with Georgia CASA staff, board, and stakeholders
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Direct or related experience in planning and execution for business events and meetings
- Demonstrated experience in event planning and production
- Knowledge of in-person training tools and virtual platforms
- Demonstrated ability to establish and cultivate relationships with a wide range of constituencies
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a small team supporting a large statewide network
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to travel across Georgia for trainings, meetings, and conferences
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook